Saturday 4 April 2009

You can checkout any time you like,But you can never leave!

Today boss gave the office a shelling in the staff meeting. Ok lah, shelling is a harsh word to use. But he did give warning to us...so...let's pray we all oull up our socks as a team and get the job done.

Haven't blogged much about work recently...because I know real soon, ..really soon...I'm just going to on and on and on about it...hee...remember my event peak/ audit periods??? hahaha...ya lor...so for now when I am still able to hold back...so I spare u lor..
_______________________

OOOoooo..just to let you know, i finally plucked up the courage to watch a show last night that i'd been keen to watch in a curious way to see how horrified i'd be..LOL

It's called "Snakes on a Plane"..in 9 parts on youtube.

Yeah, my closest and dearest frens know me no like snakes...really really no like snakes, dont' care if they dead, stuffed or behind a two inch thick glass...I just shudder and get all irkish...and scuttle my way through...hahaha...

So yep, the show is about this plane FILLED with TONS AND TONS of POISONOUS SNAKES of ALL KINDS...and it starts attacking the people...they are everywhere and comes outta EVERYTHING!!

*faints*

Though my toes were curled throughout the show, i'm proud to report that I kept my eyes OPEN throughout and NO HIDING behind pillow k....*puffs chest*...

Though I suspect my eyes were wide open in shock and disgust!! ahahaha...

But yeah, it's truly a pure entertainment no value add show except for the awe of seeing so many snakes in one place! yikes!

_______________________________

Anyways, today something so farnee happened I still cracked up thinking about it 2 hours later..hehehe...I wonder if I can document it here...tho ge is probably gonna kill me...

Today we had to recce this venue for our event lah. I shall not divulge the name to save them the embarassment...but really lah, no brains these people.

OK, ge and I drove there lah. Entering the carpark, you have to press for a ticket. After our meeting, we took the lift down to B1 (where we parked) looked around the lift lobby area -- there was NO SIGN that says where to make payment lah. (You know the usual, "Autopay station is at level blah-blah-blah")...just make a mental note to call this Lift A.

OK, my gut instinct told me these kind of ticket need to pay before exiting one lah...but ge was valiant and went to drive up to the gantry to try in case it's a pay by cash card kinda thing..=) She said she'd call me if it worked...so nice hor...=) but...she ended up driving back, muttering under her breath about stupid carpark systems..hahaha...-- little did we know that this was just the beginning man.

We decided to try the NEXT NEAREST lift lobby (let's call it Lift B) to find the pay station lah -- I mean, makes sense right, since the Lift A we were at had no signage..maybe its located at another one, right????

When we reached Lift B, THERE FINALLY was a sign that said. "Autopay station is located on B3 at Lift A" ...What the ...!!!?!?!!!?!?!....

Now the distance between Lift A and Lift B is about a 15 sec walk lah,... but yeah, you know I'm in hobble mode now with my right giving me my old pain?...so ge walked patiently next to me lor...=)

Back at Lift A, we waited like civilised people for the lift to go to B3..hahaha...I say civilised because you have to understand that the day had been quite trying already...and it's like this kind of carpark SYSTEM is just SOOOO amazing lor...U just need to throttle something/someone!!!

Ta-Da! The pay station was on B3....BUT...ge spotted all signs plastered all over it immediately.

1) The slot to accept 'notes' spoil liao. -- so must use coins only!
2) Even if the slot accepted 'notes' it does not accept new notes.

OK OK...coins lor...ge shoved her ticket in and it flashed $3...

1st what are the chances that you carry around $3 worth of coins!??!...but we started digging our wallets and stuffed the coins in...but the stupid machine kept rejecting our coins!! Raarr!!!

One of us wailed in exasperation:" You mean it doesn't accept old coins too??!!"....hahaha...

Finally the $3 was paid and it was my turn! My ticket was $3 toos! I was hoping Ge had more coins coz me only had less than $3 having stuffed some for her ticket earlier...hiak hiak...but no...we were out!!! Yikes!

The 3rd sign answered our question:

3) To exchange for coins, please take Lift B to Level 1, turn right and look for Reception. (Remember we're at Lift A!?!?!?!?)

HAHAHAHHA....I just couldn't stop laughing..I even had to catch my breath..laughing at the situation lor...I mean, it's the like the ultimate challenge of patience and sheer stuipidy of the system!!!!!!! Agreee or not?!?!

In between laughter, I managed to tell a 'highly pek-cheked' Ge that I HAVE coins (I store a stack of $1 coins in my car for situations like these)...BUT...our cars are parked on B1 and we are now at B3 remember!!!!!!!!!!!...Mahahaha...

LOL!!!

Ah well, you know the rest of the story, we had to go up to get the coins, but ge was so kind coz of my footie, she made me stay put in my car, while she went down and made the payment for my ticket. =)

But while waiting for her in my car, an amused thought flitted through my mind --- I actually passed Ge exactly three $1 coins...now...what if the machine keeps rejecting any one of them?....*snicker*...I mean, looking at how things are going so far, if that DID happen, i wouldn't be surprised lor...hahaha...

I could imagine the look on Ge's face if that happened...hahaha...

I actually said a small but still amused prayer.."God, i dunno what is going on lah...but I pray what I just thought of dun happen k..."

Haha...I swear I was beaming when she walked back to my car with no trouble and waving the paid ticket...hee..

So yeah...absolutely exasperating...it's like the last line in the song Hotel California -- "You can checkout any time you like,But you can never leave!"

MAHAHAHA...still cracks me up man...=)

No comments: