Monday 6 April 2009

Indignant patients...

It's been a long day...lately, dog days have been long... Yesterday when my junior called me to tell me the severe case of her dog, I actually stood in watson's for over an hour till they closed, just to listen/ advise her. Aiyah, I know it's a mobile phone lah, but i can't multitask when i need this much focus to handle the matter on hand.

Among other complications, the dog urgently needed a blood transfusion yesterday. Thank God they found a match. He was hovering on critical level and would have died in less than a day if action was not taken. alos, if the blood was rejected he was sure to die. So the night was critical...

Even though my leg hurt today, I had to make the trip to go see him and do the necessary to get all vet opinions. At present, even with the blood transfusion, he could have about a few more days only.

It had been sometime since I last visited him at his home. I felt so sorry, he's lost so many of his 'siblings' in the past 1-2 years, especially his companion and best friend, who is ironically a stray cat, that died a few months back.

He was initially sad when he just saw my junior..LOL...but he perked up so much when he saw me. He actually looked up and stared into my eyes. And when I patted him, he wagged his tail in appreciation even tho he was so weak. He was on a IV drip coz he wasn't drinking...

I pep talked him the whole time and reminded him to fight hard and we'll bring him home real soon...he wagged his tail...hahaha...i dont' think he understands completely lah..but i htink he knows I love him and want him to recover..=)

Soon he got up and even walked outta the cage and started showing some energy like bugging the dog next door..hahaha...he even made me panic by dancing ard his IV drip lor..=) ... I beeped his nose, told him he's a strong and faithful dog no matter what...before saying goodbye..=)

The dog next door looked miserable. I found out later that he was involved in a car accident..haiz...

I took a couple of pics of the other patients with my hp...several cats and dogs..I'll share soon k..then u'll be able to see what a dog hospital looks like and how sad they look...depressing environments! hehehe...they give me pissed and indignant looks as I took the photos..ahaha...coz they look their worst really...

After that was a long day of waits, requests for last minute appts and listening to bio/medical advise...

Talked to my junior in between too...not to worry and that things will work out. I told her that she did the best she can and some things is outta her control...so what she gotta do is believe that he's coming home and must not be afraid and want him to come home, no matter what his condition. And even...and even if he has to go...he'll go happy knowing he's loved. And she should be glad to let him go coz it's time...and he will no longer suffer...=)

He's still in hospital now..will be for another 3 days coz he needs more donors and transfusions..

I only got home at 10pm...finally can eat dinner! =) I showed off Red's xrays too..yeah..I got them printed.

Okies, gotta go sleep..really tired, wanted to earlier..but thot I wanted to write something about the sweet dog coz he fought so hard through the critical night,...this is for him. =)

Oh yeah, his name is Moxie I've known him for over 8 years. hee..Night night Moxie..

1 comment:

Kristie said...

toadie... hows ur leg? how come pain again?