Thursday 16 April 2009

Tofu

It’s not coz you read this blog, that I’m posting this...but coz it’s something so nice me just wanted to post it for memory’s sake.

Today, at lunch something funny happened. It was just boss, ge and me. We each had a bowl of wonton noodles, (or what was supposed to be noodles..Horrible makan place) and Boss ordered a plate of ‘yong tau foo’ to share...I avoided the soy ones lah, and targeted the fish cake sorts.

Anyway, it was down to this last triangular piece of tofu.Boss indicated to me to finish it. I said I can’t lah...want to kill my footie ah (still recovering here remember?!). Boss challenged, who said you can’t eat one? Doctor lor...then we had this mini ‘smart alek’ exchange about whether to trust doctors...coz ge was too trusting with one yest and kenna-ed her back! (But that is another story)

Giving up on me, Boss turned his sights on ge to do the deed. She shook her head...she was full...and her unfinished bowl of ‘oodles was an indicator too. (Then again, as mentioned, they were horrible ‘oodles)...ahem... so back to the story.

So he looked back at me!!! "EAT!!!!"

Meeps...*sniffs!!!*.... I won’t die eating it lah...but now it ain’t good for me lor..other times can eat but in moderation. And I’m never keen on food wasting... So me picked up my chopsticks and started poking at it to get a grip.

Ge yelled so suddenly that it dislodged my chopsticks: “Why you eating with your leg like that!!”

In an attempt to make my boss feel bad, I said: “If you don’t eat, I have to eat lor...you full mah... Else he’ll make noise.”

She gave a frustrated grunt, and the next thing I knew, she was biting off a piece of the tofu! ...and she went on to finish it!!! =)

I could see boss was shocked, which quickly turned to amusement ...then he say I emotionally black-mailed her...hahaha...Not that I meant to ahhhh....I totally didn’t expect her to do that lor...=S

I was bit stunned lah...

I know this sounds really stupid, but no one’s ever done that for me before....hahaha... I mean, I’ll do that for my friends one lah...but no one’s ever done that for me before lor...really...most would scold for bothering about my boss/ just scold me, but not do something to remove/solve the problem...

=) To many this is probably something so small or just a funny story to remember... but I realised my stunned reaction led to me being so touched...=)

Hahaha...remembering the episode later in the day made me happy and laughing to myself in the middle of Suntec city! I then understood why I’m so touched.

Coz it’s like sacrifice and protection rolled into one...over a piece of tofu...haha...and I experienced the love of a good friend, with no demand/ expectation. =)

*Big Smile*

No comments: