Friday 1 May 2009

Police Road Block

My Blooie experienced his first road block. Unfortunately, my poor Blooie had to turn red in embarassment. I've experienced a few lah.

You see, me went for an 11 plus show at AMK with bowl and some cg members. Horsemen -- completely bloody graphics! But not the scary type. ie. If you can tahan shows like CSI and Criminal minds..this is NOTHING!! Still, bowl who can't stomach such things. at some points I just told her not to watch, if she really can't take it..LOL

After that, we headed to Mac's on AMK Ave1/6 for a snack. 24 hour one lah. So we left at about 3.30am.

The moment I turned out of the Mac's carpark to the main road, they were less than 100m away. Sheesh. OK I'm fine with road blocks. You know the usual with road blocks is that all cars kinda panic and do the civil things like signal, get in line etc. so I was focussed on making sure I complied and that I had my wallet with me and yes, no hp earpiece at an incriminating location..hahaha

In SG, Friday and Saturday, especially eve of Public holidays, road blocks and traffic police are everywhere, so I wasn't completely surprised lah. They usually come out after 2am.

If you do not know, diff road blocks for diff purposes lah. This one stopped every car and made sure you wound down your window and had a statement or two with you.

Mine was:"Did you know your headlights are not on?" -- SHIT!

Aiyah...so crappy man...it's all coz I was too absorbed in making sure we got into the car safely earlier (Coz the Mac's there abit dark and heavily forested...people could be lurking behind trees -- I'm serious you still have to wear your smarts in SG k.)

Then turn out first thing kenna oredi...if I had drivne abit more, I would've noticed I didn't turn my lights on. Sheesh...

Anyway, got waved to the side. The usual, NRIC/ driving licence out and stand and wait. The male officer, made a note on his list. From the area he scribbled, he was 3/4 down the A4 paper...WAH..caught so many people liao ah...

The it was a malay female officer that handled our particulars and was keying them in a handheld system.

I was wondering if I would get a fine. I don't think this case will get demerit point lah...but dunno leh, fine also dunno how much...Anyway, I gave it a go, and explained we just came out of the Mac's (pointed...u can actually still see the Mac's from the road block), when we saw the road block, and would've noticed my lights not on in a while, but didn't have a chance because we spotted the road block and focussed on making sure we got in line.

Seems teh electronic system took sometime, but yeah, things went thru and we were released. K lah, they just asked me: " Just went for supper and now heading home?"...yep, supper and macs and now dropping my friend who lives in yishun off then home.

The female officer was interested in where 1st street was..LOL..I said Siglap about 2-3 times, before she got it. I should've bothered to volunteer "it's near bedok" so that we could leave faster.

I guess they're checking if I had any previous offences bah..and if Blooie's necessary paperwork were in place. =)

So yeah...they didn't say anything. Or WARN me per se lah. ie. before leaving they did not REPEAT to me the offence and do the 'Do not do it again'. =)

So driving home, I was curious if I kenna-ed anything..hahaha...and if yes, hwo much was the fine. =)

Some forums said you may or may not get the fine. But if you do, it's $30. I checked the online system and Blooie had a clean sheet 'fine' wise with nothing outstanding. =)

Great lah...but crap..now probably marked somewhere. hope it ain't electrocially recorded tho..grrr...

It was interesting all the websites I was reading on road blocks and Singaporeans views..LOL..someone even had a map highlighting roads where it usually happens!

No comments: