Saturday 2 May 2009

My Pins!

OK OK...technically not my Pins...I've two photos here from my last entry that I forgot to put up and I'm just too lazy to reload them there...heee...so yep...

Pic below, for all my cg members will find real familiar is their christmas 2008 presents. Took me about an hour to wrap them. They are about the size of your index finger, so at times can be quite frustrating when the rribbon refuses to coorperate..hahaha..
I thought they looked really nice all lined up. =)
I completely forgot that I had taken the pic above! hee..it was the week after F1 in Sept 2008, and was with the cg at the airport after service. =P Little did I know they had F1 posters everywhere, so of course, must take pic mah!!! I even wearing the lanyard!! =P

Okies, here we have finally pics of my Pins! Well they are terrapins. But thanks to ge, they are called pins. The following photos are all completely random, coz now i'm only left with two of them. Two died. One of illness and the other bled to death coz one of my dogs bit it. =(

My Pins are called BRaTS - Bowling Pin, Rolling Pin, Terror-Pin and Safety Pin. They are kidna like my office pets. Given to me on my 2008 bday by my colleagues. =) I take themout to play at work sometimes. =)

The one above is Terror. He's called that coz he isn't afraid of anything and will step and push the oother pins away just to get his space.

This is SAFETY PIN -- DEAD! Yeah...a few hours after he died. He waited till I got home from FKT/ Paris back in November, and died the first day I stepped back in to the office. It's like he held on to the end...He looks so peaceful ..we buried him just near the office building =)

Safety was the sweetest and gentlest.
The pic above was just after the shock I had when my sis and me found out that one of my dog's attacked the pins (out of curiousity I would think). Anyway, you can read the post back in 28 Jan 2009.

I watched over them for the next few hours to make sure they were ok. Rolling Pin was injured real bad. And i took a few pics during his rest time. =) Coz it was sweet that Terror, who was quick and ran for his life, though traumatised, sat vigil beside Rolling the whole night.

You see terror behind him? Resting his head on Rolling's shell? Cute right? I really believe he was comforting him..=) He must have really been in pain.

Rolling was the wide flat one, and pretty much doesn't fight one. so I guess, that's one of the reasons why he didn't scramble/ think to do so...
These are really old pics, when all 4 of them were still happily living in the tank. I came back on Sunday's after service to check on them and feed them and caught them doing the weirdest stunts..hahaha...

Rolling bullying Safety while he's asleep.
They fell aslepp lined up to cross the bridge! =D that's safety pin right in front, who always liked the bridge, then terror and rolling behind him.

ALL FOUR stacked up!! hahaha...TRAFFIC JAM!! =)
The one above was the one and only time i ever saw them do it. LOL! No one believed me till I know them lor...that one pin was perched on the coconut tree decor. It was Rolling Pin...who was so comfortable up there with his legs hanging to dry..ahahha...he even let me take a few shots.

Safety was in aweird pose. Falling asleep with his head to the tree trunk. And terror being Terror-- climbing over Bowling pin on the bridge.

Hahaha..ok ok...they all do look pretty much alike, but I guess, I decided to make a point to remember their differences and tell them apart, so that I could give them names and see their characters...It did take some time to come up with the names. =)

Now, this one ain't one of my office Pins. But one I have at home. Someone who picked it up in a drain felt sorry fo it and gave it to us. Haiz...my sis being the pro animal one, couldn't bear to throw it out, even though we're burdened enough with pets at home. He's really big hor...I took this pic coz some of my collagues couldn't believe how big Pins could grow. So i used my foot as a comparison (I wear 7 1/2 shoes..hahaha)-- the can grow bigger k...

Anyway, his name is I.T. (short for Inside Tortise), coz he lives in my store room, free to roam the house. And he conly comes out when he's hungry!!! Win lor...so smart. he's also a Kung-fu tortise..hahaha, who does martial arts moves to scare my dogs away...LOL

This also means that i have another tortise called O.T. (short for Outside tortise)....hahahha...OK OK...i know...highly unimaginative. But i told my sis, we had to give them names lah, as there were many instances of miscomms...coz she would sometimes ask me "Did You feed the tortise?"...

I'd ask WHICH ONE?!?!..hahaha...
So I named them IT and OT...=P no confusion there. =)

Lastly, the photo I just took on Thursday =)

After ge, returned Terror Pin to me from her room, I played with him while I worked on my lappie...=)

We've kinda neglected them these days since work ramped up the past few months..so i've had to take them out once in a while when I can to play with them. It really made a difference. They were pretty sick looking and lifeless before. But in the past 2-3 weeks, that I took them out on occassion to talk to and play, they've grown stronger and ate better. =)

No comments: