Tuesday 26 May 2009

It's really nice...

..that in the middle of ...hmmm...better expressed as !?!?!?! weeks...last thing I expected was to get a pressie today, which just wanted to make me hug da person and I had to ever refrain myself simply coz she was driving and I valued both our lives..haha...

When asked why suddenly buy present for me...I got a sharp reply - close to more like a shriek - that I can buy gifts out of the blue but she can't ah!?!?!...kekeke...that pinned me to one corner of the car..hahaha..where was the emergency exit!?..=P

Anyways....recollecting...

Most of you would have seen me wear my cross necklace that took me about 3 years to find one that I liked. Heh. I'm picky lah...It's the mixture of simplicity, price, uniqueness and wearability and of course, that will not tarnish or make me break out in rashes (God checked on the 'extremely sensitive skin' box when he made me lor.) ..that made it a quest to find...it was not easy, but in a way, it called out to me when i made a book payment at the Kallang Attributes and saw it on the counter... (back then lah)..and i just couldn't get it off my mind for like..a week or two...LOL..best thing was it was long enough and fit me well. Thick neck k...standard off the shelf lengths dun fit me lor...

Well, it's been with me for almost..OMG...4 years! WAH! But recently it started falling apart literally! The cross broke while I was wearing it 2 to 3 times on diff episodes...hahaha...the chain was dying with wear and tear too...*shakes head*

Thank god each time it happened, I knew of it and also it waited till I touched down in SG after my trip to melbourne to really give trouble. i would've been really sad if I lost it. =)

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I did miss having my cross to wear the past two months..it was just odd not to have it, i guess in the worst of times it does remind you of who you are in Him.

Anyway, I got cracking on fixing it on Saturday. I just couldn't bear to go through the coming week without it. Compromising on the glue again (still can't find the right one)..i stuck the pieces together and after making a stop-over to Bras basah, I made a beeline to raffles city, which i knew i could get a chain I wouldn't start itching all over ...hahaha...

I stood outside Thomas Sabo for a good full minute. But shook my head and didn't bother to go in. I had scrutinised their chains before and knew the colour of their silver was just way too bright to fit.

So I went straight to B1 and into this shop I had noted before. I think the salesperson at the shop must've been delighted. Easiest sale of the day. It was one of those - I know cfm she's gg to buy it kinda sale. I was to the point, I saw, I matched, I tried...and I OK lah, let's goooooo -- carpark charges are ticking! No kidding!!! =)

It fit ok lah...but the colour was bit off, not really matching the cross lah...but it was close enough. =) I went home thinking if i'd regret just grabbing and going...given my afterthoughts..

Who would've thought, my pressie today was a new cross! =)

And as though God decided to have some fun, the cross colour fits my new chain better lor...and believe it or not, the gift giver thought I didnt' have chain issues so didn't get one to go with it...ahahah...just as well neh...God orchestrated and made sure we didn't overspend.

God is good lah, if he didn't boot me to chop-chop buy a chain this weekend of this colour somemore, me wouldn't be able to wear da new one lors...heh...=) He's the coolest lah.

And considering all my picky-ness -- I really like when I saw it neh...hee...in addition, it's unique and suits me!... =D...heee...am touched lah ...for many reasons lor.. *big smile*

For one, the person so 'pok' already still spend on me! ...*sniffs*...=)

No comments: