Wednesday 16 July 2008

This post is dedicated to....

Angela!! aka..Ge!

I thought of it for sometime, but wondered if it would be weird since we see each other almost everyday..haha...and I decided that the first day i get my car, I'm going to do this. Hee...

So yes, it arrived today at my office at 3.25pm! SJG 7196 S Ge and noorool got the first ride in the car, i drove them to T1 airport and back! (I work near the airport lah!) boss in UK too...hiak hiak...so we can go play...=P She set my radio stations, and poked every button, switch, clamp and opening in that 15min drive!..haha...good lah..that's the idea...to have fun with something new...and of course - help me test..hee..=)

Ge has been really sweet and supportive these past 3 months and i thought one nice way to thank her is to dedicate one post to her!..and it will be archived...=) hee...

Though we've known each other since 2005 as industry colleagues, I guess we only really got more time to know each other since she joined my org. Before that would've only been msn chats or her org meetings at my office. But one thing i do remember, we did hit it off pretty well the first few times we met...haha...dunno why...could be our insane and 'boh' characters...=) My boss could see that we were friends too...

I say she's 5/6 an Angel -- true mah..haha...the remaining 1/6..well...erm..*thinking*., that is what makes her interesting and unique..hahaha...=P

Anyways, she's one of my supporters and sounding boards in my decision to get the car in April. haha...willing to hear my tedious contemplative reasonings during the decision making process, licence plate blues, spending that extra $$$$ on the GPS, insurance, etc. Others would've switched off at some point! And one of those that asked (not in a bug-you sense) -- when is it coming ah?? LOL!

You should've seen her the last two days...her expression was more excited about me getting my car (supposed to come on mon/tues) than me! hahaha...Yesterday, she was on msn threatening to tear apart my car salesguy, coz he was supposed to deliver it yest afternoon...but went MIA...not bad huh, she' the team lead in my terror posse! HAHAHA...

But more than ever she was and still is a great support to me during my 2 months of footie pain.

She gave me a ride from home to the office and back everyday. ( and i know how bad that eunos exit is on weekday mornings and the extra fuel cost to her lor...)...i never for a day wanted to assume she'd give me a ride and i told her that before...but she was faithful and would drop me an sms no matter how late: " Girl, tom same time k?"... =)

She nagged me when i moved around too much/ didn't use me crutches...haha..she shoos me to go use them, or squawks: " You KLKK somemore!??!"...or bars me from walking any further...haha... and that expression on her face when i rebelled..haha...drama in the office...=P

What I'm super thankful for is really the emotional support during this time. There were some really tough periods/ points. Even my close friends or others couldn't seem to understand that i don't need 'all-those-other' things...it's hard to describe...i don't need you to be there 24/7 kinda thg...i guess it's my personality to bite bullets and say things are ok.. but with longer illnesses, you have depression...Especially since I could only go between home and work...

I think if you ask her if she did give all that much emotional support...haha..she would probably go "huh!?"...and when i thanked her..she'd ask me to stop thanking her, coz she's just being her!..haha...

She celebrates with me when i felt happy on good footie days and 'poked' me when i was down...she did things like remind me not to get stressed over work (coz my footie will get worse), shoo me to sleep/ home...and come bug me with silly things that make me laugh..actually, most of the time at work..when she is herself...it's quite funny to me - non serious work time of course..( but you know me...almost everything can be converted to a joke..).haha...she freely gave the random pokes and hugs needed to get by a tough few hours...

One incident i really remember...it was a real stressful day at work. One of those which boss has just reminded you how much more of the mountain had to be scaled and the rest of the world seemed to be knocking on my door with some issue or another. Frustration that to do the simplest thing like photocopy something was so tough and time consuming - and in my work..i need to walk ard quite abit sometimes...Family, relatives and frens looking on at me and questioning me what am i not doing right that is keeping me this way...And the belief that i was going to recover soon was starting to waver... i couldn't' even play or hug my dog any more!!! and to see my dog accommodate and wait patiently for my recovery made me sad... argh!!!

Not sure what we talked about on msn, but it was about my footie...and she said " I dont' want you to feel as though you are going through this alone k"...

She doesn't know this but I cried abit then...yeah..in me office..=) i guess i was close to just exploding, and her encouragement was timely...coz it settled all the TNT built up for the explosion in a few minutes...=)

Ok..am crying again. hee...suddenly remembering all that pressure then...

So yeah...Angela, thanks so much.. really even with such a long post..there is so much more to add... but it's really true that words cannot express the appreciation that I feel.

It is a privilege and joy to be your friend. And I dunno if you do...but I see God when He arranged, planned, sent and used simple Ge in my life (plopped you from the sky?? haha..ok..lame joke..)....a reminder to me on how He's never late...=)

Thanks Girl..=) *hugz*

No comments: