Friday 11 July 2008

It's Friday Night!

Hello...i'm back! this post may be a bit on the weird side because i'm feeling stoned now. An intensive day at work, dinner..watched CSI online...tried reading. But after 6 pages, I fell asleep. I think it must have been at 830pm. Woke up at 1130pm. Feeling totally unrested. Why? Coz i vividly remember that my dream involved budgetting and planning. Funniest thing...i'm not even supposed to be doing this particular budget/planning! --not my dept mah...haha..Ge would be happy...hahaha...but no..it was one of those dreams where you think/ do alot...but the actual product, you never get to see..hee...=)

Ah well, I'm still happy it's friday. Get to rest in tomorrow.

For my personal reference in future. Today was cheque writing day. I worked at it non-stop and i mean non-stop from 1010am to 4.40pm. No toilet breaks...only time i got up was to move around was to handle cheque related matters...haha...when i finished the last one, iw as so happy i could’ve danced a jig in my office...but was held back because my office was in full view of 20 odd people from the industry having a meeting...

so i ran off like a kid, dumped the cheques on one of my signatories and did the jig in my boss’s office since he was busy elsewhere.. haha..his office more private lah..

Thinking back, cheques used to take me half a day, or 3 hours the most. (this is my org up till end 2006). These days, if I allow other things to 'harrass' me, it would take me a day and a half. =)

I actually do enjoy writing cheques. The challenging part is the ever changing configuration of staff strength and wages. That's where CPF comes in. It's as though every month there's something new to recalculate.

Example, sudden influx of interns and new staff = pro-rating everything+informing CPF of new/ leaving staff. Sorting out allowances and adjustment to wages affects how it's declared to CPF, whether it has reach the allowable max. And of course, internally having to separate the different contributions either coming from employer or employee and making sure it all tallies up -- no joke to under-declare lor...Gah-men leh...it's like under-declaring your taxes!!! *stress*.....oh and let's not forget SDL and all the nitty gritties. =) Interesting manz...

I guess it's coincidence, that on a quieter month, someone gets confirmed after their probation and i'm at it on re-calculations again. =)

In my org, the above keeps changing...and i only have less than 10 staff ok...gone are the days i can close eyes and tick the box "same as previous month"...hahaha...ok lah...my org is dynamic...never a dull moment. --> hear the positivity in me voice?...hee...

oh...and the other one that delays me...my boss's reimbursements...(I suddenly picture myself strangling him..)..hahaha...i only have one thing to say.." He is ALL OVER THE PLACE lor!!!" ...consolidating his receipts are like asking a group of 15 eight year olds on a sugar high to sit down and watch Shakespeare...haha...But ok lah, this is where the fun part comes. I get to call boss and demand things. -- " where your phone bill? this receipt where one? Your petrol receipt also found it's way to me ah? How come this month so high? "..of course i say it all in jest but still want an answer. My boss is the coolest lah...he complies to me when it comes to this. =)

HAHAHA...the joys of being financial control. The amusing thing -- everyone knows when Jean is doing the cheques, coz everyone gets interrogated/ harassed one way or another. =)

But the 'best' thing today lor...I called El and asked where an invoice was...she said she was very sure she left it on me table...one thing i know..I've been shuffling through my finance stack of what-nots alot lately (FY end mah) so i was sure i never got it...but i never want to be unreasonable to any of my colleagues...so i went shuffling through every stack on my table...=) Anyway, i was right, she sheepishly appeared at my door and passed it to me when she found it in her file! =S I strangled her for a moment. LOL!

Ah well, that's my office day for you. By 5pm i was burnt. My counterpart was too...long day for her toos..i ended up stoning by resting me head on her poor tissue box.. while we shared frustrations for the day... It was nice to do that for a while. =) Boss was packing up next door...and you should've seen the looks on our faces when he called us over. Hahaha...it was as though we were issued summons to appear in court!....But i knew it was coming ..my boss is leaving for a week on biz...so it's his usual de-brief to me on what he wants done while he is away (but now oso got Ge lah...) neways, we're guai lah...we shuffled over and listened. =)

That's my friday logged in. =)

Push comes to shove...I am still thankful for His blessings and i look forward to the surprises He has in store for me. ..=)

No comments: