Tuesday 31 March 2009

While waiting for Oceans 12 to load (believe it or not..i never watched a single one b4!!!)..

It's days like this I wish I was a kid and still had a maid! =P

Reached home at 715pm today, did some clean up in the office for a couple of hours, realise I really couldn't take the mess anymore. Cooked dinner, nag at my dog..ahhaha...Seperate clothes, do laundry, ironing, pick (about 30) fleas off my dog, hang clothes to dry, feed dog her meds..

Actually didn't do much lah, but it's the small things here and there that adds up...

A simple example will be topping up the sugar in the condiments drawer. (tasked by big sis who was doing other chores)....If it were just lazy me living in this household, I'd just top up the bottle without bothering lor..hehehe...hostel days..hahaha....but...I'm not...so...here are the following steps:

1) Clear out any remnants of sugar from container into trash bag
2) Wash container and spoon
3) Dry container (double check -- you don't want sugar water!)
4) Look for the giant sugar container (the big big one that is used to top up the small one lah..haha)
5) Find out that the sugar in the giant sugar container has hardened and turned yellow
6) Scowl at the yellowed sugar..hahaha
7) Put giant container in the sink (FYNA later!)
8) Hunt for new packet of sugar (such things don't buy oftern so usually it's right at the back!), open and top up the small container
9) Find a clean small plastic bag and 3 rubber bands to double wrap and triple band up the remainder in the sugar packet (Ants, ants, ants...)
10) Realise that your clean small plastic bag which is red and opaque will not let you KNOW what's in the bag...and will be a problem many weeks from now when you need to top up sugar again!!!!
11) Raaaarrrr!!! --- go find post-it and scrawl in big bold letters "FINE SUGAR" -- in case mummy can't read without her glasses..humph..
12) Return the packet into the cupboard...and replace the topped up container in the condiments drawer..
13) Scowl at the giant container again...coz need to wash...Raaarrr...Ok, added hot water so that sugar will melt --> will have to follow up later lor...
14) Find out that Hot water in the flask has run out...Top up the hot water flask and set to 'boil'...

*whew*...ok, after that, I decided to reward myself with a cool glass of Ribena...pour the concentrate go to the fridge...AND FIND OUT ...with this glass...I FINISH THE COLD WATER!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!.....means need to top up from the lukewarm boiled water and put in the fridge lor...else next round want cold water, you no more...*sniffs*

Gone are the days of just leaving it in the sink!! =P
______________________

Ok, now that I've bored you to death...

Interesting thing is that I received an e-mail from papa today...Hmmm...last time we communicated was during chinese new year when we met at grandma's...I was hesitant to open it in the office...who knows what the contents may be man, dun wanna spoil my day...

Anyway, I did and it wasn't that bad. But it leaves me feeling the same way -- Dunno how to answer and the stress/ implications of answering...haiz..

Our e-mails seldom last more than 2 correspondences on each side before it dies off.

Thinking about it, it is quite sad really...

But what can I do...it dies because there's nothing more to say, and when there's more to say, tension just comes up when papa just has to assert his beliefs/ principles in my life although I told him many times that it's not necessary/ an issue...we're just talking right?? I'm ok to hear and very fine to share...but Why turn it into a lecture? Pointing me to the direction that I'm brainless and have made wrong choices in my life...

I don't close my door to him lah, ...but who wants to write politically correct e-mails in perfect english!?!? To only write the things he wants to hear?

But each time i write, I hope that time can change stuff...

It doesn't help that I know what he still says about me behind my back...it was a sad truth, though completely expected, it didn't have to be hypocritical...in addition, i'm the only one left that really bothers to talk to him...

I know I've written this before, possibly this blog...but it's part of my life that I'm still figuring out...

A couple of months back a friend of mine asked me when was the last time I communicated with my dad...and then immediately said: " Then it's about time you should go do something about it."

Considering that she did know some of the background, I guess I was dumbfounded to a point I didn't know whether to be peeved or just let it go...

I decided to let it go, ...either I've learned, or I'm just jaded...that for such things, that it's either they get it or they don't ....some things can't be explained/ understood till you feel it for yourself.

So have I replied?

No...needs mental and spiritual prep man..hahaha...

Better do it soon though...else It'd be seen in another way...that i'm 'dao'...

Raaaarrr...God help my dad..and help me!!

It's sad that to me, I think I take after papa more than mum...yet he can't see it even though I try to tell him..=) haha...irony...

I recently read in one of mum's counselling books about children living in single parent homes/ divorced homes. About the impact of the 'Absence of the father'...studies showed that children with the presence of the father (non-abusive one of course,...even if it is just visits) in the pre-teen years, has a significant impact on how confident the child carries him/herself from teens and way into their adult years.

It is a positive impact. Especially so for girls it seems. (The girls part really surprised me...ahhaha...I thought boys would need the male influence more mah...)

If I can find the book again, I'll write more..=)

Okies, gotta go...bring Red in to sleep...=)

No comments: