Tuesday 10 March 2009

Kangaroo pizza...

No joke folks, I walked past this pizza shop near my hotel that does hotel room deliveries and takeaways, and took a menu back to read in me room...They listed Kangaroo, as though it's salami/ tomato/chicken.

Oh well, I guess if we don't flinch at the words chicken, ham, minced beef, etc. certain meats are just a matter of getting used to being exposed to. To quote Angela: "EEEEEeeeeeewwwwwwwww"

She said they making sure the kangaroo roadkill not wasted. I said, they still using the leftovers since Angela last drove in Aussie..hehehe...=P

Yeah, I'm in Melbourne for the Aussie Airshow. Alone this time. The room is alot nicer than the Frankfurt one -- bigger and more comfy with a work table and sofa chair. Even the toilet is triple the size. =) and coz I'm alone, I get to nuah on a king size bed...muahahha...the only negative vs Frankfurt is that the internet is via cabled LAN, not wireless --> can't nuah on bed with the lappie. But I guess it made sense with the work table. (OMG, I just realised, this room has TWO phones!)

But it feels weird being in a hotel room alone (Don't think I ever had this experience in the 29 years of my existence..haha). Even weirder that there's no one else in the hotel you may know. Reminds me alittle of hostel days, but can't be compared coz the comfort is vastly different, I knew people and I got internet now..haha...I guess, it's the fact you have to plan and look out for yourself all the time. =)

2 of the 3 SG exhibitors have chosen to stay in Geelong which is alot alot closer to the show grounds (takes me an hour to get ther by train and bus)...but good thing we picked Melbourne lah...I heard they dying of boredom there after one day!!! (reminds me of FKT hor..LOL..)

Lotsa things have happened since the time I stepped into the airport in SG (no kidding!) even up till today. Good and bad things lah...but nothing depressing. =) dramatically, even Melbourne experienced a 4.7 mag earthquake lor...no earthquake here one leh!!!!

Also, thank God my footie is holding up well too...it hurts when i walk and quite puffy...but the painkillers are doing it's job --- and good thing is I've cut down on them and yet still can walk with the same stiff feel (means it's no longer dependent on the painkillers..) Thanks for praying for me!!! Keep going k...keep ya posted..haha..

Am good lah, just the stupid SA Tan up to his nonsense, coz i did watch my food more closely prior, given that I was gg to travel mah...

I'm lazy to talk about all the things that happened lah, coz I've been repeating portions/ all of it to many people: Ge, her mum, the security guard at the airshow, a work friend, the taxi drivers (about 3?), the airline staff, the SG exhibitors...and soon, i'm sure once I meet my boss tomorrow he'll get the update too..hahaha...

Just wanted to say that I'm well no matter what and tell you about Kangaroo meat pizza..eeepps...you think I will try?...hmmm...

OOoooo...and i bought this Chocolate Mix Skittles today...so interesting got S'mores, vanilla, chocolate caramel, pudding, brownie batter flavours...wonder whether SG have at candy empire..haha...else I'd buy for Ah Mau who like skittles I think..hehehe...

Miss my dumb doberman....me Miss ge tooz.., I know she'd love to be here, especially since her family is here now coincidentally. =) And her mum's just been so sweet thinking of me and wanting to have lunch with me on the first day just to make sure I'm ok. =)

OOOOOOoooooooooo...and you know what, I just found out today, milk is the same price as back home...$2.30/1L and they seem to have stopped making all the various brands and flavours neh..=( sigh...was looking forward to stuffing my face with milk everyday!!...hahaha...OK lah..(Confession: I still did today, bought a Big M, mocha flavooo). Even juice is the same price -- 2L for $7 plus. Yoghurt oso leh...hmmm....=)

Okie Okie...I really should go BACK to sleep..yeah...tomorrow is Day One, boss is ard and I owe office my work!!!...

No comments: