Wednesday 25 March 2009

Being back...

It's strange being back...though I'm happy to be back coz I missed ge much while I was away... =)

I couldnt' ask for a better weekend before I got thrown back into work. God really has amusing plans that leaves you baffled at times...hahaha...but He kinda knew what I needed lah...all I had on the agenda was basic with a 2nd book I was looking forward to finish by monday...haha...but He had other plans knowing how much I like to play games and good company...mahaha...I was happy this weekend. =)

Monday was strange...with 542 e-mails in wait..Thank god only half of that was real mail! Took me till this morning to really digest the bulk of them and link what's happening. =S

Today, I was trying to get in step with stuff...but was bogged at lunchtime with news that my doggie aint' doing better since yesterday...when your dog has lost appetite for food..it's bad..plus fever and a limp..haiz...

So I had to go bring Red to the vet. Coz from past experinces, every day counts in situations like these, so if i couldn't get her checked today, waiting till tomorrow may have consequences if things get bad at night.

I didnt think it was that bad. I thought she just sprained her hindleg...i even thought I could make it for a late afternoon meeting...=S

I reached home at 1 plus and tried to make her eat. then spent half an hour prepping my car so taht she won't dirty it too much, by sticking up garbage bags all over the back...hahaha

But it was bad...she was placed under and emergency request for an xray and I had to ferry her from tampines to balestier where the right hospital equipment was...

There was no place to sit at both vets...and i carried her (33kg weight) from table to floor several times...in the car, i had to drive slow and watch out for impatient drivers as Red was scared at the back with sudden breaks and turns. I drove with one had on the wheel the other i reached behind and twirled her ear with my fingers so that she would be comforted..=)

At the balestier vet, it was mayhem...lotsa animals...and I talked to Red off and on to keep her motivated to last the wait times. =) she's a sweet dog...many times she just leaned or looked up at me in trust...that i wouldn't make her suffer longer than necessary...=) Red even did an ultrasound...so cute!

Docs had bad news for me...I spoke to about 3 of them and learned quite abit about Dog hips..hahaha...so yeah...she will need surgery if I want to prevent a future disaster...=)

Let the vet at 7pm...after almost fainting at the bill..LOL..

Sometimes, I think my dog waited till I was back from my trip man..haha...

Whatever the case, i'm pooped!

In as much as some crappy things that are happening now, ge just pointed out on msn that God blessed us with 5 MORE companies for the event in the past week! yeah...god is good.

He was also good to remind me of 2 Tim 1:7 on sunday...and Jer 29:11 -- that sometimes, children of God, being kids too, need a good reminder and chat about faith and fear. =)

Which now reminds me of something I used to say years back -- that God is never late.

We have to trust that He knows what we all need the most. Even though right now we want/ think we need something else...many a time, I'm reminded either in amusement or shame when i see his eventual plan....really that He intends only good for us and that we really cannot phantom the plans he has for us...His ways are higher than our ways...

Hmmm...i seem to have deviated...hahaha...either that or i'm talking in pockets..tooo lazy to read back lah...hee..=P

Time to go rest...I'll go hug my dog and tell her to fight the pain -- then go to bed...hahaha...

No comments: