Sunday 20 December 2009

Jingle all the wwaaaaaayyyyyyyy.....

Last week the Meterologoical services warned of heavy monsoons of rain and wind to take place from friday till today. 3 days. Severe flooding of low lying areas are to be expected. Today is sunday. Where is the big rain!

=P

In all my life i've known of lour local weather man, he's seldom right. Hahaha...well, sometimes he's close, but can be quite off.. hahaha...So usually I think opposite to what he predicts it to be and most of the time it's been helpful.=P

If he's going to be off this time round, i pray it won't happen tomorrow when we're out in Batam, especially on the ferry ride. Nausea wouls definitely spoil the day.

Recent news on the cold weather affecting transport in Europe makes one thankful to live in this part of the world. (For the moment of course. Humans are never satisfied and would soon gripe)...hehehe...

Not by man made destruction, the movie 2012, depicts a different and highly likely end of the world scenario. Not by any of our doing but by solar forces. It was realsitic. But the close shaves were abit overdone. One can only be lucky that many times. However, the CGI is awesome. You should watch it if you can. and if you do, it has to be the home big screen tv k, not your puny laptop, unless your laptop is a 20" at least...hahaha..then you will feel the full effect of the END OF THE WORLD!

Aiyo, why such morbid topics? You must be wondering especially when Christmas is just so round the corner. Well, with the climate thoughts and grim reminder that all could go *poof* overnight. It's a reminder to love and enjoy this holiday. =)

This Christmas is more muted than ever for me. I dunno why, the festive bug hasn't fully bitten me yet, or may just never. I'm not complaining. Just noticing my feelings..hee..but am still brainstorming with ge what to get for the office and so far i think we're almost done except one or two and yes, boss. Am enjoying more than ever to notice that people are trawling malls to find something just to make someone else happy. And that is in itself enough to lift up one's spirits, that collectively, we're all thinking about others and not ourselves for a change. =)

Even if it's expressed in more often than not in materialistic ways. Hey, better than nothing right? =)

Gifts this year is harder for me. One aspect hampering me is my footie. When I shop for X'mas, I need to zip around fast one. Scan , scope, evaluate, note, move on, recap and then decide. Hahaha...

another reason is because, I kinda know what i wanna get for some, but but...I dont' see it around. It's one of those things that if you see, you know it's appropriate. =)

Whatever it is, I'm just happy my footie is well! hee...still bit limpy, but am moving around. Yeah! =D

No comments: