Sunday 13 December 2009

fear of french fries?

I was just reading up on the fear of clowns called Coulrophobia, as it's something i can't understand why there is such a phobia. I mean, most other phobias i know of I can understand, as they have some link to danger or possbile death.

E.g Claustrophobia, gives a sense of entrapment in a small space. Possible lack of air and then death.

Fear of heights...well, I suffer from that alittle if u make me climb up a shaky ladder that is 3 storys high!!! There's a possibility of breaking a neck!

Fear of insects and spiders etc. I feel is becasue of the unpredictability of such creatures...and they are creepy and crawly...so we get a sense of being invaded by them.

Like me...I don't like snakes. hate the way they stare at you and that they can move fast and almost through anything....and have inverse teeth such they when they bite, you have to push in further to pull yourself out. *yeeks*

So seldom you hear or phobias (apart from bad experinces) of larger animals like giraffes. LOL...but such a phobia does exist..I think. =)

Anyway, back to clowns. To me they are people with make up. BUT and this is a big BUT...i don't like those dolls or those life sized ones are the amusement park where they are distorted and have a evil look. Especially those with an over enthusiatic grin...*shudder*...clowns are weird and thier makeup is not funny. Only what they do is.

I was trying to think of a clown that is positively portrayed. the one in the simpsons is scary...LOL...they someone on a forum brought up ronald McDonald. Eeeps....I suddently pity those with Coulophobia and a Macs outlet opens near them.

To me the mascot of the golden arches is ok leh...not scary...hmm...I guess that what makes phobias irrational...

Of course on such a topic, I had to research on an old show i watched on TV when I was a kid. Those were one of the shows that left an impression on me for weeks. It was rated the scariest movie in the states back in the mid 90s. (Though these days you have the asian version of horror, which to me I think is the worst.)

The show was based on Stephen King's book called 'It'..........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk....I never saw clowns the same way again. They are terrible lah, to make such a movie. I started watching because it was intriguing. Later on, i was just shit scared..HAHAHA...

Hmmm..the dumb things you so when you're young eh. Like scare yourself. =P

No comments: