Wednesday 27 January 2010

new Lappies!!

Today I'm officially blogging from my new office laptop. Heh. Just bought it yesterday! My laptop is overdue for a change. I've used it since 2006 leh! It was aFujitsu 6420 that was one of the slimmest and tops in it's class back then, with fingerprint log in too! Cost a whooping $4,500 for a business edition.

Went to parkway with ge to choose the laptop. Bought 2 and ge made enough whines to make the guy rethink his freebies. On top of everything he gave, he did give a surprising $200 discount off the total bill! Not bad leh. I didnt know these guys at such shops could give such discounts. I thought prices were fixed as is one. All he can do is play withe the add ons. =)

Ge's lappie is coming to be almsot 2 years old. Even though not as old as mine, given the *ahem* incredible number of e-mails and docs she hammers out of that laptop, before and after work hours (includind fueling her online vid watching). It has lived a long and fruitful life.

God was good lah.

I think he knew that our comps were going to die since friday. LOL starting with Ge's comp charger dying on thursday night. On friday, my outlook was showing signs of fatigue. (13,340 mails in inbox). Over the weekend, god gave me grace to be able to go out and hunt for the laptops conveniently, leading me to the decent specs one fast. On monday morning, my Outlook could not function. After i typed a mail. i had to wait almost 10 seconds before the 'Send' button would respond.

So yes, Monday afternoon we shopped and bought the lappies. I could get mine first and ge's had to be delivered the next day. And whoever said laptops cannot 'feel', my old faithful decided to give up on me in a drastic way the following day (ie. today.) You see, i still had to use my old comp as the main mails etc are still there and i was still doing the set ups for my new one.The monent i reached the office. Guess what.....my charger died too! OMG.

Thank god one of my collagues is using a laptop of a similar model. I had to sit beside her and swap plugs at intervals.

Considering this is the week before airshow. I've been unable to do much the pst two days because of my lappie predicament. (Frankly I dunno whether to laugh or cry about it.)

But tomorrow i really haev to put my axe to the grind and pick things up where i left off fast. And God i pray for grace to be upon us in the things we do. So many things we are in the mercy of someone else's time line/ confirmation. We can't push as they are the only source....yet...Gotta have faith.

Anyway, thanks for giving us our lappies God, and providing, it's fun...camera function and all. I hope everything will be compatible!!

Another thing happened today. I'm too tired to recap the saga for you. In a single sentence: We've been told to leave our office building by 1 april 2010. *sigh*

I had such a mixture of emotions when i first heard it. Initially I couldn't believe it. Thinking we had only lost our parking. But no we lost our tenancy too.

I had about 2 hours of driving around to digest the info (had to run a couple of errands)...and was feeling frustrated and sad at the same time.it's still sinking in. the shock of the news.

I'm gg to miss our office space. We always got good praise for it. And it was somehow comfortable even though we didn't have many windows and a super noisy aircon. Location was really good too.

i always thought we've leave when we were ready to. you know like part of the Aero park in a nice colonial buidling..hahaha...

Well, now we need to find a good home for ourselves. Yes, it is a home. We spend at least a half of our weeks here, and we tasted goodness and bitterness within the same walls too. A good place where we can build new aspirations and milestones for our org. And i pray that He'll guide us in the right choices and the right place, where he would want us to be. =) That we do pick the place that he has planned for us. =)

Help us not to worry about how it's going to be done. Where the $$ is going to come from to do it. How will we adjust and move. How well are we able to do it. Whether we will like the new place or not, and if all of us are able to adapt fast. Would we still be able to get training classes in. Will we be far from our working partners. Is it a convenient and good place to be. Will we get along with our neighbours. how will we move all our stuff!?!

Hahaha...I hope you'll help us see it thorugh your eyes and not ours. By faith we can believe!

=)

Okies....time to go sleep...carreid away again..see lah.

But thanks God for listening. It's been great.=)

No comments: