Wednesday 7 January 2009

A gem and a half...

I'm in the middle of reading this book that started off great...the way she writes and introduces the story is is so different from other authors...unfortunately, halfway through, she kinda goes overboard with it and i find myself skimming over the details and/or jumping paras where she goes off on some new way of playing out the scene...that I 'eye-jump' in search of where she next continues with the story.

So will i finish it? Yeah, I will, I just went past the halfway mark during my time on the toilet bowl...hee...=P Her writing is still intriguing enough to make me want to know why and how.

This was one of the two books i bought cheap at the Expo book sales..=) The other book, The Laments, that I finished during the dec hols was really good and a thoroughly enjoyable read. Fact-of-life sad but not over the top, yet has a decent ending. =) the book ended with the lead character talking about Paris! Oooooo....so cool...it just made me wanna go blog more there and then...hee...but i would've been mad coz i finished the book at 6.15am. =P It was so fun to be able to relate to the places in Paris he talked about!!!...hee...

So yep...the gem and a half...=)

I managed to wake up a bit earlier, but could only dish out 2 of the 5 e-mails. I was thoroughly distracted with new developments in e-mails that came in in the early morning...hmmm...OK lah...nothing disastrous..just work...=)

It was an interesting day, starting with my boss quite amazed I was up early...haha...i guess he felt bad and wrote me an e-mail (which I only saw when i got into the ofc) ...that left me numb (maybe coz i suspected something)...ahaha...true enough, something was up...he ah....sometimes....hahaha...

Anyway, day was alright, good I got one more confirmed company taking part in the aussie show...sigh..i just need 4 more - ASAP.. =) Isn't life exciting?!?!?...that last statement so reeks with sarcasm man...

God is good! =D

Got a chance to catch up with Joyce on the phone this evening toos. Haven't spoken to her over the phone since ...erm...early March this year? Subsequently it was two-three liner msn conversations. =) Am glad she's doing well, moved back to the east side of S'pore ---Wooohooo...and her baby girl Johanna is good toos! =) Soddee....bias again, coz johanna was born on 8th Sept....(Sept babies see...LOL)....actually she was 'scheduled' to be born on my bday really, but she's such a eager beaver eh?...HAHAHA...

okies, gg to watch something and zonk...another old battles to fight and new ones to anticipate...*Growl*...God be our guide!

No comments: