Friday 9 January 2009

9 months worth of....

...recyclable office paper and scrap boxes has officially been send to the recycling bin!!

YAY!!!! =)

Recycling paper at my office is a hard and manual process. There were times, I just wanted to spare myself my boss's nagging (he does it every few months) and just toss it all into the big rubbish bin downstairs. These years, I'd been doing it on my own when rented the car, I'd pop by the office on a late saturday night, and cart some off to the Marine Parade Recycling Bin. (You need the big kind, not the small type.)

Naturally, with more humans = more recyclables....hahahah.....so...First, there was the creation of the small manageable pile. Which sometime very early 2008, grew into quite a monster. Due to lack of discipline, people just tossed the recyclables into a messy pile. After a series of 'saying' -- to (1) open up the newspaper and stack, (2) A4 paper in another stack (3) organise into boxes, ...

And really, the most EFFECTIVE way of saying was to make people + D.I.Y. to take the time to reorg the mess, they appreciate they should've just done it properly in the first place.

There is no recycling bin near my office. (or the big kind lah...not those small type you see at the MRT/ shopping malls). Call the Karang guni you say? --- hiaz...we tried...those that all worked under me before have tried..hahaha...we get the same reply...too small, not worth the effort to come get...OR...need a long term contract so they expect ___kg of recycables to collect each month...

I just want to save the environment...is it so hard!?

sigh...small office blues...=S

So...the monster of a pile could no longer be seen on the outside with more outsiders visiting...(I came to this conclusion after one episode with my boss and i had no where to put it coz we were plain running out of space.)..hahaha...so i bargained with my boss to be REALISTIC if he can find storage space in the office that was not in the open for all our barang + recycables, I'd glady comply...He was slightly dumbfounded...*evil laughter*

He's nice lah...he appreciates our efforts to recycle. But he's boss so he must maintain the image mahz...haiz...

Anyway, he dumbfounded right? He best u know...since no proper answer, he did the boss thing and said -- "I just don't want to see it there anymore." and gave a sheepish grin...(kindly note this sheepish grin)

I boggled at him...AND HE KNEW I was boggling at him...He just smiled and shrugged...coz he knew that I knew he was trying to run away...ARGH!!!...this idiotic man!!!

So I put forth a suggestion that I was happy to do, but need his blessing -- convert his old office to a store room of sorts...*hiak hiak*...I've always wanted to do that but felt it was a waste as it was properly furnished, and subbed at times for a meeting room.

It was approved! (this was in...erm...sept)

Just before Christmas, my boss did his usual inspections. Sigh..when he do his inspections...EVERYONE is involved. You can choose not to be involved for the time being...just wait your turn he will call your name...hahaha...

When i sensed his inspection movement, i quickly crouched in front of my comp. Quick, I said to myself, churn out that last e-mail before he calls you. He started decimating my exec and intern...and caught helpless staff who happened to be walking to the printer...hooo boy...hahaha...I listened as I heard him comment at each corner and move towards his old office which is adjacent to mine. There was a pause after I heard the light switch of the room being flicked on....(he must have been drawing a breath)

"MANAGER, CMA!!!!! come here....come here now!!!!"

Hehehehe...I popped outta my office and gave him the same sheepish grin (note above).."You said can use as store room mah..."

"Ya (sarcasm), you really made it into a store room...."

Hahaha..it had been stacked high with boxes, both with recyclables and alot of corporate items we needed to store...=)

Anyway, funny story aside, we finally found a big bin around simei and i got my intern and jen to get all of it - 6 large boxes - in me car...and we spent half an hour unloading it into the bin, cutting up the boxes and putting them in the bin too. (sorry, dun believe in just stacking it up at the side) then i gave her a ride to her home in sengkang...=)

We both felt so happy with our accomplished task. We sang our praises for a few minutes in the car afterwards...HAHAHA...

No comments: