Tuesday 7 October 2008

It was all about the Vroom-VRROOOOMMSS!!!!....=)

Hmm...lots have been happening the past 2 weeks...that just seem to pile up and i'm way too lazy to get down to blogging it..haha...

I still owe you pics of my bday pressie the office gave me...my dear 'Pins'...and one of them was on a tree yesterday somemore! And one went MIA this afternoon! I have loads of them in my mobile phone...but i'm just ..*ahem*...i repeat ...too lazy to download them lah...

One of my highlights since my last post was that i got to go see the F1 leh!!! My boss got free tickets for saturday (27th Sept) and gave them to ge and me! Yay! He had gone for the friday one already...hee...nice hor my boss...=) ...msged me on friday night and asked if we wanted the tickets..hee...

Not that I was super gian to go before that..but hey, free tickets lah...just go and experience it all!!

Saturday meant the practice run at 7pm then the Qualifiers at 10pm. God was the coolest and set up the evening for us! To avoid the traffic pains, I parked at ge's place and we took her car and headed to our boss' home to pick up the tickets...then he invited us for dinner lor...he cooked everything leh...I think we had multiple servings of curry chicken! *slurps*

We decided to give the practice run a miss..and took our time...=) Parked at novena square and took the train down...OMG! It was soooo long since I last took the MRT..hehehe...since hmm...July? This was obvious when ge gave me a look when I was thinking out loud if we had to change train to go to city hall station..=P hahaha...*shakes head at self*

And why I said Daddy was with us was coz we stopped for pics, got caught in human jams, looked at stuff and got snacks as we walked to our seats. Without looking at the watch throughout, we sat down like ONE minute before the Qualifiers began! Awesome huh...He's da best tour guide lahz...

It was not as loud as I expected, probably coz we were seated very high up. But no joke if you're any nearer or in the tunnel...better wear the plugs then...hee...

The seats were on the NDP platform and it provided fantastic views of the city skyline and the Singapore Flyer! Honestly, I spent half the time enjoying the view...the other half was spent trying to catch those zooming cars in a photo...hahaha...

We were quite far up, so all the cars looked pretty much the same -- a streak of colour!!! Ah...but the fun was realising that for every 40 photos you took...one would have the car! Doh!...ge wised up and switched to movie mode...*hiak hiak*, but everytime she started to record...there were no cars...no cars....and still no cars....LOL!...arm will ache one neh! =P

The F1 cars will turn in and drive thru below us...and man....the bellowing sound was amazing! Defintely need the plugs if you're in the tunnel..=D They can be as loud as planes but more piercing!

Well, at the end of it all, we waited for the crowds to clear out, which is another ounce of wisdom God placed in us...because I later heard that the movement out was madness...hee...in addition, it meant less jostling with the people at the souvenir shops...

Yesh...i was tempted to get the tees...more like the shirts. Some of them do look cool especially the jackets!...but the price was quite shocking for the ferrari ones...goodness.

ge picked one out lah...she spotted it in a top forgotten corner of the tentage. But I loved the design immediately...I had no idea which F1 team it was...and since I was no major supporter of any, design was my deciding factor. Hee...so I told her, if the back was as cool looking as the front - I'll take it!! =)

Yeah, that's what i told the saleslady too and she looked quite amused when I said "I'll take it!" Must have been one of the easiest sales for her, because others where hem-ing and haw-ing and asking to see several designs...hahaha...

Had fun wearing it to church the next day...though i got lotsa bug-eyed looks from my cg when they heard the price. Hahaha...their first guess was $50 and i said that can get you one and a-half caps...LOL!

Oooo.....then that evening so awesome! I wore my shirt and watched the race from home! From the start i declared- If Alonso wins 1st from 15th position, I'd run down to the track and get him to sign my shirt!!!! .....Yep, I found out my shirt was the Renault Team shirt....OK OK...i was foolish to say that...the probability of it all was...was...*speechless*

Oh well...the rest is history and I still couldn't get past it that i bought the winner's shirt..LOL...neither could ge and she picked it somemore! -- now you know what i mean by God is cool?...hee...

Although one of my cg members..haha...later msn me and said i suay - wear the Renault shirt ou that day and BOTH the ferraris lost...hahahaha...

Ah well....all part of the fun eh...*wide grin*

If you wanna watch the Official Singapore Race video created by the folks at F1 which is very good. Follow this link -

http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html

Click 'I accept' and select the 'Singapore' 2008 race....hee... go for the largest file. May take 5mins to load...but its so worth it full screeeennnnn!!!!

No comments: