Wednesday 3 September 2008

This post might upset some readers

Ok ok...you've seen it on my msn nick off and on for the past 3...Oh my God...FOUR years!! its either I'm strangling, hate, tak-boh leh tahan, serving, or chasing them...they are none other than my infamous AUDITORS. *cheesy impact tune*

They come packaged with my annual AGM nightmare toos!!...sighz...

Yun, i apologise i forgot to msg u happooo booodeee neh...I did remember and was going to sms...when i got a phone call from the - you guessed it- auditors that just threw me off track!

now dont' get me wrong, this manager i've been working with is very efficient and i'm very happy with her on my other projects...but still...i thought i could avoid the annual nitemare..ahhaha

You see...in advance (like mid June), i had given the manager my timeline, since i need the hardcopies to be signed (takes alot of coordination on my end...my signatories are not in the office kind.) They invaded my office for the final week of July. (as you would have seen in my prev post that i was losing my voice!..haha..)...and for the month of August, off and on, I'd ask if there was any issues major time!

Come the final week of august, I wrote to the manager and asked if it was possible to get the hardcopy earlier - my time line to her was 1 sept latest because i need to send it for printing. but no harm asking for it earlier right? more time to action...She replied she couldn't make it earlier, but relieved and assured that i'm still ok with my 1 sept deadline. In fact I moved it to 3 Sept my final date..which was just nice coz the partner was overseas and only back on tues (i.e. 2nd Sept)

then on Monday 1 sept, i made a pitch, if it was possible to get the hardcopy for my president to sign by Wed morning. (since i'm meeting my prez for lunch mah...kill two bird with one stone and i can sleep more peacefully earlier)...she replied no possible and hopes i understand..earliest she can give me the hardcopy is wed afternoon or thurs morning...I WAS FINE with it..=) and assured her its not a prob, just wanted to find out..=)

so what would you conclude from this? EVERYTHG OK RITE?

so today, i dropped her another e-mail asking for the softcopy version for my printing first..the hardcopy can be according to her dates.

I got this phone call from the auditor (not the manager lah) ...asking me like tons of questions, can scan and send this and that...got question on some fixed capital thg etc...and i'm like..!??!!?!?..intially i was quite calm...hearing the one or two questions...by the time it was the 7th question..my head started to hurt...

With my eyes closed and an intense frown on my face, I leaned into the phone receiver and asked the auditor..."What happened...i thought everything ok??.." sigh...this girl who did the audit job at my place, i'm quite ok with her...she was sorry...i know she's doing her job..and she has tons of other jobs...so...after that..i just said i'd do what i can...=S

That was at 250pm. ...and i learned that if some thgs weren't done, i won't get my report! rarrrr...how can that be?!!!?!?...

Sigh, because one of the things were important and i have no idea how it got lost..but watever the case, i had to action asap...so even tho i had a meeting at 3pm, i zipped off to hunt down my signatories whoever was ard!...(thank god for my baby car manz!)

now tomorrow i need to go pick up the docs and deliver by hand somewhere else to save time!

*rolls eyes*...

My accountant best, I pre-empted her that the auditor was gg to call..she replied. " I thought settled liao?"...my response: " I THOT SO TOOZ!"....hahahah....when the auditor contacted her, she couldn't' believe the questions they were asking at this 11th hour!..hahaha...

Spent the nite in the office till like..1130 with my accountant..tired manz...we did month closing of course, and with new staff comes new errors...which i understand...just had to spend the time retracing with my accountant on - where, how and why. I still have one puzzle outstanding...$2,170...where did it come from! LOL! So familiar...yet...

oh, and of course...gathering documentation for the auditor...

Anyways, i'm spent ranting...hahaha...ya lor..talk until no energy!

oh well..i'm off to bed, I promised Ge that i'll try to sleep by 1.30am...it'll take some time to zzzzzzzz....too awake..and the #*(&^##*&#( audit info gathering took up my nite...RAARRR...

*buries face*...Gawwwd...we so need your grace in my org...we're overwhelmed...just need to know...you're there and holding our hands and guiding...and keeping us safe coz you know wat is ahead.

Time to zonk!

No comments: