Monday 11 August 2008

My Fav Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

There was a time it cost $10.50 a pint...then $10.95...now it's $11.50... but you'll still find my face pressed against the glass of the ice cream supermarket display. Trying to see if they've got stock for my fav flavours! hee...

It is essential that i have a stock at home, especially during stressful periods...haha..you should've seen me during the Singapore airshow period. It was my only time of reward and indulgence after a long day. Home at 10.30pm, shower and settle in...for an hour between 11.30pm and 12.30am, it was just TV and ice cream...no more work, no more planning...=)

To me Ben and Jerry's Ice cream beats Haagen Daz anytime! When you dig into it, you're forever rewarded with endless dee-lish chunks/ swirls of ingredients/ textures and tastes! Yums...

I've yet to find a flavour I totally dislike. But my top two (in no particular order) are Phish Food and Fossil Fuel.
I Love the dark chocolate chunks of Fish and dinosaur shapes in each tub...sigh...If I'm in the mood..towards the end, I'll just eat up the ice cream and put all the fish/ dino shapes aside in the tub. Then the final reward is a large spoonful of pure dark choc shapes!! *heaven*
Most people like Phish Food...But you gotta try Fossil Fuel manz. The FUN PART is that they have 3 types of dinos in them. T-Rex, er...the flying one, and the one on 4 legs with a row of 'square-like-fins' on it's back to the tail. It's like digging for gold..hee..
On occasion, i experiment with the other flavours. I bought ONE Cheesecake brownie that day...it was...it was like...the chunks were like...*slurp*...a brownie...with SWIRLS of cheesecake INSIDE...
*contented sigh*
I think ONE cheesecake brownie will be on my top list..hee...I will know when i eventually buy me second tub...takes at least two tubs to convince my palette that it is not a once-off flavour crave!
ironically since i love B&J ice cream so much i have never gone to the outlets that have sprung up in the Singapore over the past year..I think the thought of eating B&J in a cafe like place just doesn't go neh...hmm..but gotta try to know..one dayz!
For me...Ben & Jerry's ice cream -- BEST enjoyed -- cozily watching a show at home on a couch, with a close friend and sharing outta the same tub ... i don't care how you lick the spoon...hee...I'm just happy to see you smile...=) I love sharing good stuff with you..hee...

No comments: