Tuesday 16 October 2007

It's been some time...

...since the words of a song touched my heart so much in worship.

When i first sang the song a week back in church, i have to admit, it didnt' catch on to me...perhaps the fact that the chorus had "Hosanna, in the highest"..left me wondering .."isn't this not very far off from another worship song of old?"

But when the Bridge came...I felt different...the words.... The way it was sung was like a cry for something...something...a longing...

By the time the Bridge was sung the 3rd time,...I had fallen in love with it...because it so encompassed how i felt...and in 6 beautiful lines...covered the meaning of our walk with Him.

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into Eternity
No prizes for guessing the line that has stuck to my heart the whole week and i still tear when i hum the song... --- Break my heart for what breaks Yours --- Holy Spirit inspired indeed..=)
So why do i say the Bridge covers the meaning of our walk with Him in those 6 beautiful lines? Like i said...when i sing the bridge..all this runs thru me...it's a cry and a longing for:-
Heal my heart and make it clean - (from the day i called him my father in heaven...confession...even till today..everyday...i still ask...and he still heals ...he still cleans..)
Open up my eyes to the things unseen - ( Faith...belief...in everything...and everyone...and me...even when the present condition looks beyond hope)
Show me how to love like You have loved me - (the great commandment..to love our neighbour...and remembering that for every 1% I give...he first gave 100% more...enuff said..)

Break my heart for what breaks Yours - ( I'm sorry for all the times i've hurt You the times i walked away...please never let my heart grow cold towards You...I long to be close to you...)

Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause - (Surrender at the altar...discipleship...the great commission..Looking at me through His eyes...)

As I walk from earth into Eternity - ( His promises...his fellowship...that he will never forsake us...forever and ever...I'm not alone...have a direction..and I have a home somewhere...)
I have delayed writing this post for over a week. Because it's not easy to write..simply coz...I knew I'd cry buckets as i typed it out...
the good kinda' cry...hee... =')
My mouse is all 'goooey'....Yecks!
I'm done...and i'm so glad it has been written the way I want it to be...=) like God says...it is good...

1 comment:

gege said...

I know what you mean. First time I heard this song, the simple words strung together, 'break my heart for what breaks yours', just brought tears to my eyes immediately. For us to even begin to understand His burdens, and to share them, that's my goal. Love u!