Thursday 10 September 2009

tinkering...

Funny how my modem has kept me up. The challenge that it was a power adaptor problem and not the modem itself meant i'd save $$ not having to get a new one altogether. \

I went aroudn the house looking at various appliances to see if i could find a match.

i borrowed my sisters power adaptor and started surfing for a solution. Then it dawned on me...all those stupid years doing my FYP clicked. Dare I say that my FYP project could save the day?...I did a bit of hunting...and i found it! To my dismay, i had modified it to suit my project.

Still, I had kept the tools and started rewiring and stripping. My modem sprang to life! But momentarily....AIYAH....i figured it could be coz i was short of wire to do the right mods. So i stared at my 'dead' adaptor....and considered the risk...perhaps they would not replace it if it were damamged. then again, my warranty is over. I'd probably need to buy a new one...dang!

but the stupid engineering side of me just pleaded to be tested.

so i cut the original adptor.........HAIZ...still sprang to life momentarily again...

But i think I kinda got it figured out. if i'm not wrong, I should be able to get my replacement tomorrow. now that i understand how this thing works....

sigh...I was tired 2 hours ago...now i'm more tired than ever...

should've just taken the hint and let go and GO SLEEP...grrr...coz it's a long day tomorrow and I'm really tired...

Ending NOW!

No comments: