Monday 24 August 2009

Moi weekend!

After dinner, I went to bathe Red rambutan! She's cute when I tie her up to dry at night. She always wants the spot under the stars. When I go out and peek at her from the window later, without her knowing, I'll see her with her nose pointed in the air looking at the heavens. =) I always wondered what she was thinking about.....humph...probably wondering what is the next snack! hahahaha...=)

I was supposed to bathe her over the weekend as part of the 'flea combat'! So fast hor, it's already been 2 weeks since the national day weekend when she first got her dose. I'm happy to report that it's been very effective for her but not so for the smaller dogs. I told my sister that their dose may not be enough although prescribed accordingly.

The fleas on Red just died, literally! I see the spot around her sleep area and it’s dotted with dead fleas! In fact, when I stroke her in the first few days, the dead fleas were on top of her coat like dandruff! Too bad it’s not been effective for the other dogs. Cloudy still reports at least 2 per day and whiskey is still plagued by the mini babies. We’re continuing the battle. But I’m happy Red is flea free. She must be so much happier, with less itches and me walking towards her with pliers to remove the stubborn ones! Hahaha...

Yes, so back to the weekend. I had intended to bathe her late on Sunday afternoon. She glared at me when I waved her towards the wash area. Because it’s in the open and that time was windy with a slight drizzle starting! Hahaha...I’m not so cruel lah...though i have to say, I once had to bathe her in the rain. And I was damn cold man. Every rain drop felt as though someone had shoved an ice cube down my shirt!

So I patted her and told her: “Operation bathe the Dobie is aborted.” =)

The weekend was good, starting from Friday night. It was a zone meeting at Jurong West, and Pst Derek was preaching. It’s been ages since I last drove down to Jurong church. First time in my Blooie. The last time was in a rented car. I was late already lor and after making that irritating U-turn, i found out the church car park was closed...=S...*growl*...why have a car park when you ain’t going to open it!
So yes, I had to do a detour of sorts, and I dunno why but I was so compliant to all traffic rules, I kept driving and looking till I found a proper U-turn – a good 1 to 2 km from church!

As I drove up the multi-storey carpark opposite church, I remembered the first time I drove my rented car to park there, I took 20 mins to reverse park and I scratched the back door against the wall. My first scrape and last on a rented car! LOL...there went my $100 deposit man...hahaha

Late already and I reached with a few other latecomers, and pastor was at point 3 of 6. When he finished at 10, we all had a short break. We were going to have overnight prayer meeting till 3am lor...but I only stayed till 12am. (i.e. the first break), before saying goodbye to the resilient 3 who remained and scuttled off with the rest.

Anna had to work on Saturday, else i’d think she’d stay. Anyway, good ol’, always never eat dinner before cg/service, Jeano declared she was going to eat!..hahaha...my ‘scuttle crew’ was delighted. So since all of them live ard the toa payoh area, we settled for Mac’s there.

I only reached home at 2am. =) thank god never run into any police roadblock...always kenna one lor...not that I do anything wrong, but it’s leh chey and they look at you like you’re some POTENTIAL criminal! Anyway, being Friday night, I zonked late as usual.

And woke up EARLIER than usual on Saturday...ok ok...when you hear the time, you’re going to whack me, but this is really an earlier time than normal, due to my morning sleep being intermittent. I woke at 1.30pm! *big wide grin*

After cooking lunch, I settled down in front of my comp to surf, only to stumble upon some update on my first Nintendo game that I conquered! – Super Mario Bros! Hahaha...seems like Wii just launched the latest in June 2009. =) I started reliving pictures and game settings from various sites....

I also started doing insane things like walk around my home saying: “goomba....Gooomba....GOOOMBA!!!” and changed my msn and wallpaper to a cute pic of the Goomba!

Hahaha...the Little Goomba is a baddie in Super Mario Bros, he has such a ‘duh’ name it’s fun!

My sister who was in her room trying to read her book was not amused....because, I soon had her humming the Super Mario tune too...hehehehe...i’m so infectious!

Evening time, mum and me were off to Gong Gong’s for a beeday dinner. It was my cousin’s son’s beeday. He’s 3! Goodness...I’m not good on such family things, but you do what you gotta do lah....Thank God no one asked where my sis was. Humph...So it was a feast of KFC, pizza, and chilli crab with lotsa man tous! Hehehe...We all had to fulfil our quota we had ordered by sms earlier in the week. Am proud to say – I know my stomach well! Hahaha...

At the dinner, I ended up surrounded by the elderly folk! Coz there was no more room at the young table (so we call it)...ok lah, in my situation, there’s no better table one. So I took my plate and tried to blend into the rosewood furniture.

After dinner, it was strange to sit around with my cousins; all surrounded by their wives or girl friends! =S it’s funny how you can take a step back and observe..hehehe...the quiet and submissive wife, the girlfriend who knows I can tahan wise cracks, the other girlfriend who understandably clings on to the boyfriend coz she is still not that familiar with the whole crowd...hahaha...

I came home and continued with this Anime I started just before leaving for dinner! It’s like a nostalgic weekend for me, first super Mario, then I recalled this anime I liked alot back in 1999! But they never released all the episodes on VCD in Singapore or something. It’s called Fruits Basket.

I was hoping by now, someone would’ve posted them all up on youtube and I was right! In fact, it was all dubbed into English already...hehehe...even better.

I watched NON STOP...up till 6am on Sunday morning! Now now...before you chide me...I was awake not because of the show, but coz I was having bad diarehea the whole night...sigh...and coz of the bad tummy, I missed out on service.

I eventually finished all 26 episodes by Sunday night (with many interruptions in between.) Still I was happy I got to watch all of it. Like what I told Sharon over msn, the main character is too good to be true. BUT, she in essence, reminded me of the basics of life struggles, that it takes effort to understand everyone, never assume, to being accepted for who you are, to work hard, to appreciate what you have today, to find something in yourself to love, to comfort those who are in pain, to believe in others... and that love will always involve a sacrifice of sorts...daily...even though the entire series is largely surrounding a supernatural theme.

Every episode made me laugh and cry very hard. =) It’s a good cartoon for youth I think, coz it addresses many issues faced by each character, from the insanities of high school puppy love to serious heartbreaking recounts of parental rejection and daily abuse from birth.

It had no happy nor sad ending. Just as it is, no miracles, but with perseverence, love, faith and the belief that the fight is never not worth the while. Fact of life. =)

No comments: