Thursday 6 August 2009

a bit of me...

I went to see Ge off at the airport a couple of hours ago. Flight was at 2335h, SQ237 from T3. =)

It was a hard few hours for her but she's really such a dear friend with a soft heart..=)...She's going melbourne for a holiday and break with her sisters. =) She deserves it lah...and today at work, I was happy she'll be gone! Even though just the day before I was =S about it.

Almost ='( at the airport just now lor...am a softie lah..*rolls eyes at self*

Hahahaha...

I made a card for her...LOL..I learned the name for it from her. It's called a 'plane letter' -- can only read on the plane..haha..=) Come to think of it, this would be my FIRST personal 'plane-letter' to someone!! Wah...serious ah..ya man...*brain gears churning* -- It is!!

( My first ever 'plane letter' would be before this one. But it was a shared one that I wrote -- OMG -- over 4 years ago!)

It was simple card, though it took me some time to do. (Squeezed it at the end of the workday today.)

But on the drive home, it made me think about all the cards that I've done in my life for friends, the cellgrp and then Pst Lillian. =) I liked them so much I couldnt' bear to give them away.. only towards the last few that I made, did I think to take pictures of them. =) It always took hours to do...the longest was one was in four blocks of 4-5 hours over 2 days. (Yes, during my post-uni and pre-work days.)

I guess, I always felt I gave away a part of my life as a gift to them (of course, I hope they will keep it too lah...so i make them as 'keep-able' as possible, although for those of you who know, some of my cards are extremely 3-D!!!) ..LOL!

One thing I know for sure. I'd never been angry or unhappy for a single minute while making all of them. Yes, i may have been frustrated. But it would frustration over uncooperative software/ material, glue, wires, etc. -- the process lah...but never was it ever a task. =)

I haven't done any major ones (today's plane letter is probably the last real effort one that I did, at least two years liao?) because of work...which really takes away energy...and i find it hard to commit the 'blocks' of time (because I get into the mode and refuse to sleep.) Plus, buying materials and inspiration usually has to be 'shopped' during work days.

I've made a handful during my work years. But I know that most of them, I'm not totally pleased by them, because I know if I had the time and the bandwidth, it would be one that totally rocks! =D That's why it's harder for me to bring myself to make them now...LOL...the creator heart pain when product is *bleah*...hahaha...dunno if you know what I mean bah.

But I Thank God for the joy it all brought me all these years. =)

Of course, i still do my other small crazy things here and there. Packaging gifts in !?!?!? ways...making stuff. =)

It's fun lah. =) Hmmm...I should put some of the photos up hor...for memories sake!

Will doooo!!! hee...

No comments: