Friday 31 July 2009

Earth Hour -- to turn off the lights for an hour

I just spent half an hour watching Earth Hour 2009 videos around the world. And it's pretty interesting to see the Paris and Las Vegas ones. Some of the Singapore ones left me tickled, coz some took of their housing estates. But quite a handful was in the orchard/ CBD area.

To be honest, i didnt take part this year. My excuse -- I clean forgot about it! When I was in Melbourne for the Airshow and my trip, I was reminded of it daily (the aussie one of course, and that the hotel would be participating too) because there was a poster in the lift encouraging all to join in. =)

I knew I wouldn't be in Singapore when it happened in Aussie time, and had this rough memory that the SG one should common sensically be around the same time. hahaha...

Anyway, I only realised it was Earth Hour SG the next day when i heard it on the radio! LOL!

so what was i doing that fateful hour from 8.30 to 9.30pm?

I was napping!!! (after work!) Aiyo....but i napped with my lights on the whole time! =(

Wait a minute, does it qualify that I took part when my brain was undergoing lights out??..huh..huh??

hahahahaha....=P

No comments: