Sunday 2 November 2008

Saturday...

I amazed myself by being on my feet for over 6 hours today - no breaks! Surprisingly, my feet didn't complain as much as I thought it would!...am proud of them ..=) *gives feet a good pat*

It was a semi fruitful trip...but overall, I'm not complaining, at least i got out of the house and burned some calories..hahaha...

A cab almost...and I mean ALMOST got into an accident with me Blooie on my way home. As I stopped at the traffic light immediately after the incident..and that culprit of a cab ran the red light...I was stunned at my reaction and replayed the incident and of course thanked god for his protection -- AND...that god made me notice something not right and react!

You see, I'm on the middle lane of the road (just outside plaza sing) and there are no cars in my lane for a long long way. On the left lane ahead of me, say about 3 car lengths down is a blue cab behind a white car. Coming up is a green light and I'm just cruising along.

I'm holding my car music player remote in my left hand...and the wheel with my right hand...enjoying the cruising speed. Now, all drivers will tell you seriously that you cannot jsut be tranfixed with your own lane...so yes...i noticed the cab and white car on the left...

But i sensed something was amiss when i caught up with them (note - green light...why they so slow...) ...just when I was SIDE BY SIDE with the cab, and he suddenly SWERVED right! -- straight towards my car! Inches away from hitting my left wheel area!

I tell you it was an angel ( and I think reflexes honed by computer games..LOL)...coz how i reacted was based on the fact i noticed the cab's front light beams CHANGED ANGLE from it's reflection behind the white car...and that made me look at the cab directly at it's intent!

and the crazy split second of realising the intent, that made my right hand pull the steering wheel right, check my right mirror and horn the insane taxi uncle...and catch a look at the cab driver who wasn't even looking in front or on his right...but was looking LEFT...at the white car he was passing and muttering something...BEST...

Thank god there was no one on the right lane...sigh... tell u lah...angel at work..=)

The cab ran the amber to red light and so...I couldn't catch up with him to give him a piece of my mind...hahaha...this cab has a passenger somemore and he drive so dangerously!

must be the white car slowed at the light and not sure whether to go striaght or turn and the impatient cab driver decides to do what alot of cars do...but it's really dangerous if you do not check carefully...i.e. not slow down/ signal....and just change lane to 'over take' for the short distance...

I've seen many near misses ...and of course the traumatised affected driver who E-brakes!

I tell you if I didnt' react...he would've really hit my left front door lor...=S *waves fist*

Oh well...part and parcel of driving in Singapore..hahaha...and i remember my aussie fren saying that she'd die if she had to drive here...LOL...

Ok..time to go to bed...gg to be a long and early sunday...it's pledging weekend..plus gotta go back office after that..=( raaarr...praying for miracles that i can finish everythg man...

*holds head*...man...now i'm thinking abt monday's event...NOoooo....OK ..bo chapping..*passing mad thoughts to god*...

byes!

No comments: