Thursday 21 October 2010

My study marathons...

Tues exam was pretty good. Am sure can clear, unless the so called draft answers are completely wrong!

After my last rant on monday night. For my tues exam i have to study 4 question which will ensure that i can answer 3 in the exam. Thank God I spend Saturday night going back to the office at 7pm. Sat there will 1030pm and made sure that I re-wrote out 1 of the 4 questions that i was going to study. (this reduce the time needed for memo work, since got some analysis done)

All draft answers are in an essay format. So What I did was i took part of the draft answer and did my own combo and layout of inputs. So that it also help me remem and ans in a logical manner. =) took me 3 hours lor...

But it was the first qn i studied on monday night.

After tat it was about 2am liao. I tried moving on to another question, but found it hard, coz the draft answer abit...hmmm...not so easy to comprehend. So I did the same thing, only didn't add in my own content (no time) but broke it down into point forms and sections. By then...3+ almost 4....cannot laio...no time to memo..so went to sleep.

At work, spent the whoel morning at ONE meeting..haiz...

Generally feeling was dunno if it's pre-period or butterflies in stomach...jsut no appetite lor, so just ate crackers during meeting and planned to skip lunchie.

I was quite happy to skip lunch lah...peace and quiet. I did the fresh print outs of my revised draft answer to questions and went to level seven to study...it was quite funny. I think the people on that level wondering what i was doing. coz i was jsut pacing up and down memorising...plus it was lunch time somemore, so they went toilet ah, wash cup...etc etc.

So during lunch till about 145pm, i managed to cover 2 more questions. Making it a total of 3.

needed one more...exam was at 7pm...so had to bank on tea break or smthing to study lor...

my colleague also stayed back during lunch, we didnt talk lah, or discuss what questions we were goign to study..jsut as well, less influnce and pressure..hahaha

Boss quite nice lah...he only found out from the rest at lunch that me having exam today..he actuallly came my room after lunch to 'gu li' in his usual suan ways. =) I told him i more concern cannot write with hand liao! now so used to typing. Even makie study notes also type!!! I showed him a para I had jsut tried to write and it was terrible! LOL!

At 4pm, me went around taking Ya-Kun orders, it was time to eat, must force. I know sure no mood for dinner, and it's a good excuse for me to walk down with my notes and memo the last question. This last question , the answer 1/4 was very theory, stating steps and the 3/4 remiander is applicaiton of a step with any example. It would be too strange to use the draft example coz how can it be so 'qiao'...so I came up with a 'figurative' scenario and hoped that during exam, I can wing it and apply the Steps to the example lor...no time, no time...

HAHAHAHA

so outside the school, I was calm lah..Thank God. I told myself, no more memorising..just keep reading. So i just read and read...the 4 questions.

At the exam I picked the first 3 i studied =). (the 4th one was tweaked differently lor! So better be safe.)

Thank God for good time management and that earlier on, I had made a plan to leave those 'write endlessly to evaluate' kind of question for last. This was so that whatever time i had left...even though I technically finised the paper, i can jsut continue writing on and on since each para is one 'compare and discuss point', then 2 minutes from time, jsut round up. =)

So yeah! It all went well...

Even on Tues late night..i still doing work...this is called "the brain refuse to stop." Had a dead sleep last night. =)

Now my Thurs exam...hmm...here i am , 4am on a wed late nite. Tomorrow on leave lah...

Zzz nap then woke at 1130pm. And hoenstly just started studying lor! hahaha...

But I again thank god that on sunday for a whole day, I forced myself to churn out point form notes (in my own words, best i can), it was my only day I could give my Thur exam, coz no way i'm touching it on monday night mah...so me summarised about 100 pages of notes into 15 pages. It even reach a point I wanna puke bit liao..hahaha...seeing the 100page notes jsut made me wanna puke...pls note::: it's the only the second time i'm reading the notes ! So had to force myself to chop chop and make sense of that hopeless lecturers notes..hahaha

I thank God again, coz at this late hour, i only need to study those 15 pages. They are not model answers nor did this lecturer give helpful tips. However, I made sure these notes answered/ address the objectives/ questions posed at the end of each lesson --- so hopefully its the right thgs to learn. =)

So...hmmm...half an hour ago..me sorta memorised 9 out of 15 pages...should be ok la hor...tomorrow can do the rest.

Last page was a struggle. So knew time to stop.

Hahaha...I felt as though in school again. While showering I was talking to myself to cover all the 9 pages, test and see if anything left out. =)

Okies...this was a great break....rant rant rant....

Boss and ge da sweetest lah...sms to enc me =) these past few days. Like tonight lor, out of the blue boss say all the best for tom paper..hahaha

It's really quite hard jsut to focus on studying...thoughts of work creep in. Must be harder for those with kids man...more distractions! pei foo pei foo...

Okies..time to wind down...nitey nites!

No comments: