Wednesday 11 August 2010

In continuation...

I thought having responded before 10am this morning was sufficient.

At 11pm today when mum came back from her singing session, she asked me if I was going to work tomorrow (wed), I replied calmly -- it depends on the foot.

At 1am she comes into my room, standing hands akimbo beside me she said in a stern voice: " OK, I need a confirmation right now if you are going to work tomorrow so that I know what time to wake up."

..............

I calmly replied in a quiet tone:" I do not know, so my safest answer is to tell you 'No, I will not be going to work.'..."

She stormed out of the room.

Minutes later she returned and said. "I will be working on Thursday and Friday as well, so seeing your leg like this, there is no point for me to come back, so I'll just stay in Punggol the next few days."

I said ok, no probs.

I'm used to this. You'd think most would try to be around more or something in the given situation. Would you beg? Or plea? to what purpose?

This is the mini version of an example of why whatever choices I make, I must live with the full consequences of it or whatever failure that comes with it. Can't count on family.

Today's twist was unexpected. Didn't expect a declaration. Hats off to mum.

(On another note, i'd like to thank sis for her help today. Clearing up the dishes and driving me and her dog out to buy prata for our dinner. -- of course it was all for the purpose of letting the queen dog go for daily car ride. Ah dui....and carrying up a flask of water to my room.)

No comments: