Wednesday 30 January 2008

Mortality

For those who know...i DO NOT join frenster or facebook...and have no intention to do so in the near future lah...but...news still trickles down...

I heard from my JC council president that one of our council members died in a motorbike accident yesterday... her name is Sunita.

Gosh...she is still one of the few people from JC which i still remember their face to their name.

We were not in the same class or faculty. But in the times we spoke, she has always been friendly and helpful.

It is sad news to hear. She is the same age as me.

Reminds me of a newspaper article i saw towards the end of last year in the Newpaper. Where i found the girl of a picture of a couple in the cover page very familiar. Yes, that girl was a junior in one of my uni hall orientation grps...a very sporting and friendly girl. Joined the sports club camp too...The article was about how her new hubby just died in a drowning incident away from home in china, and how they had made all the plans for the future and had been together for years.

Yes..i still remember her mentioning about him in our late night sharing in hall...(back then he was just her boyfren lah)...she was a nice girl...one of the few girls in the group that did engineering and showed their appreciation by remembering me on my birthday to chip in for a gift. =)

It was a heart wrentching story to read about...and although i had not met her for 10 years...i wanted to just go see her...but i didnt know where or how...

But my heart went out to her those few days and i remember praying for her. Her name is Debbie.

Though i'm sure frenster and facebook would give me all this news...ha...i refuse to sign up lah...so stop inviting me!!! =) i am not kaypo...

still...back to the seriousness of things...Yes, it has been years...yes...we have lost touch...but still...to hear such news....

my condolences go out to the family and close friends of my friends above. May God take care of them and bless them.

2 comments:

KennethTeo said...

Yup Jean. truly life is unpredictable. i was reading the papers the other day and i saw this malay girl who died. she was my army camp mate. She was a regular and served as a quatermaster. Motorbike accident as well. Can totally understand how you feel.. = )

Kenneth

Doggie said...

Hi kenneth, didn't know u read my blog toos.=)

Thanks for sharing...yeah...really gets the stirring feeling inside when you think about it...=)

Jean