Thursday 10 February 2011

Singaporean Bands...

Somehow...in my random surfing of songs that bring back memories on youtube, i started down a path of home grown talent...

When I first heard Tanya Chua's - My Colour TV Set, (can't remember how long ago) I thought I was listening to something from the Cardigans. =)

I didn't like Tanya though. Call me rebel I was in Sec two. Lizards Convention stole my heart with thier version of Elvis' Wooden Heart. (which i still play in my car OK!)

I think someone should just compile all the best SG songs since the 90s. It would be a nice album.

Like Lizards Convention, The watchmen (My one and only), electronic (for you), radioactive...mmm...and the one song that in naive years of my youth, I truly believed there was hope for Singapore bands..LOL...so much talent...so littel support..haiz..If anyone remembers Kick! who sang "Jane", you are definitely MY GENERATION...wahahhaa...

I mean, defintely if you know John Klass the DJ, who's the lead singer..=)

It sounds so cheezy now, but I can't belive someone actually found the music video lor! It's on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhV0dbdVJQ

Wow...and just suddenly my brain remembers all the names, - Humpback Oak, Padres, Concave scream...The stoned revivals, the oddfellows. (I dunno why they pick such names lor...trying to be like metallica? hehehe...I guess it was cool)

hahaha...Frankly I don't like their songs that much. But hey...Hoooray for Singapore! =)

No comments: