Sunday 7 February 2010

Jerk

I encountered an irritating jerk today, and i wish the gf the best of luck man.

This morning I bought a newspaper and looked forward to settling into a delicious bowl of may fav 'oodles just outside my place. Yum yum! Being that it was about 11am, it wasn't as crowded, so i took a small table with 3 chars, me on one, and my paper on anohter. In the midst of eating and reading, I noticed a couple hovering. They looked like they were looking for seats and i reckoned, being close to 12 now, the place shuld be pretty packed.

So I offered " Would you like to share" and indicated with a circular motion to the table, and started clearing away my paper from one of the chairs and moving to the side.

The gf went. "Oh,.." and turned to the bf for agreement or whatever.

Gues what the jerk said?

"Share? does that mean we get to share your food as well?" and he had this smart alecky sarcastic look on his face.

Becasue i was in the midst of clearing to a side, i was completely not ready for such a remark. WHAT AN ASS. I just moved moved everything to the side and said " Like that ah. No way."....and moved to the side like they were the plague.

I think even the gf was a little stumped and said "no lah, not the food" and added "Thank you" and took a seat.

the guy walked off to buy food.

While pretending to read, I decided that I shall not be bitter for such assholes. I had felt compassionate really, and just didnt need to be so called, begged or asked if "can share table"...As if I own the table. Also, why bother to offer and disturb my peacful reading, when i could spread my paper on teh table and now had to fold it and tuck it in a corner of the table to read and eat.

Humph...jerk.

I tink the gf felt quite uncomfy in the time he went off to buy food, but I jsut acted busy. In my heart at that time, I felt like just saying. " No, don't want to share" and toss my paper back on the chair. Humph.

Listening to parts of their convo, I found out she was a uni student. Probably final year. hated that she was half the time, constantly asking for his opinion on some questin whether you would choose to be miserably rich or miserably poor. Frankly, as the convo went, his opinions kept changing. One moment he said, just stick to what you beleive in, the next he said follow the crowd because that's the way to go. LOL.

It was a moment i was thankful I didnt have a stupid bf in my life to contend with and stroke his ego thoughout a meal, when jsut moments ago, he jsut embarassed you in front of a complete stranger and left you hanging there, to face the tension resulting from your stupid act.

When he finihed EVERYTHING from his plate, he told the gf. Not nice one. Weird.

Anyway, when they left, he said a quick thank you, and i grunted a 'sure' only glancing up from my paper.

What a jerk. God help him.

i though i met hirrid people at the booth yesterday. This is frankly worse. Do i feel irked?..of course. But not enough to say i'll never do it again. Why spoil the world over one jerk's behavior?

Should've hope he'd choke on his food...MUAHAHAHAHA....haiz....

No comments: