Wednesday 31 December 2008

Yawn....

It's funny how you spend the first to 5 days trying not to think about work and mentally making the effort not to go anywhere near it. And now, when you need to get some work done...you can't even bring yourself to commit to the task ahead!

Hmm....engine restart is going to be so painful...=O

As some of you may know, my office has been closed again (as tradition...MUAHAHA>..the shiokest long holidays)...since 24 Dec and will be officially operational again on 5 Jan...that's a nice week and a half of R&R time. =)

It felt extremely weird to be not working and my hand itched that something was amiss come last friday after only 2 days of 'holiday'..saturday and sunday just felt ...hmmm...odd. hahaha...Just too used to working really...haiz...

So yes, I spent my time consciously making sure that I donto touch work. By reading and Zzzzing! heaven man...hahaha...

As ge put it, i think god planned it too that my internet would be so unstable. (i.e. it went down exactly on 23 Dec 2300h)..and hasnt been the same since. It has forced me to spend more time reading, zzzing...and entertaining my terrapins that i brought home from the office (so that they will be fed during this closure) =)

The only headache that this 'down time' of my internet has brought is (in order of pek-chek ness):

1) My mum kicking a fuss every 2 hours when she is home that she can't get connected and do her work and her fuss style is that it's my fault that it ain't working!?!? --- Grrr...i need to stranggle something...

2) One of my preferred enterainments of watching vids online and doing my insane surfs is stalled...sigh...what timing man...esp since i dont' have the pressure of having to work the next day.

3) Updating my blog with more rubbish...hahaha...

Ironically, even though i'm not connected to the world wide web, me books have kept me up as late as ever -- AGAIN!...haiz...I'm so a night owl...i'm just going to suffer during the switch back. Coz by monday, i was already sleeping at 6am and waking at 1pm...hehehe... (*ducks for cover* --> blame the book lah...)

I've been falling asleep with the story book on my face lor...=S

It feels absolutely great to be reading and not having to be time conscious that you have to wake up early to work, or have to stop at a certain time or page to hammer out that e-mail/ document *thumbs up*...=)

In response to point (1) above, I tore myself away from my book and zzz intervals today and called up Linksys...haiz...as I suspected after some trials, the guy concluded that 99% the problem lies with Singnet...so Qn: Have I called singnet???....no I haven't...but Geez...having done all this troubleshooting in my 3 to 4 year experience -- you call Singnet and they'll say that everything is fine and dandy on their end but since i'm not getting a clear signal means something is wrong on my side. -- AM I SURE MY MODEM IS working right?!

If yes, they'll just have to get a singnet guy to come down on site and test my phone line...which will be a minimum charge of $30 whether or not he solves my problem. DUH!

OK...these days, even before they can propose to me that option, I tell them not to even say it, coz the last time the guy came down, he didnt find any problem, slapped me with a $30 bill and my internet connection problem was NOT SOLVED. And that left me real...Pi**ed

*folds arms*

well, what to do, now that i've done part A and called linksys, I'll have to call singnet tomorrow lor...RAAARRR....and technology was supposed to make life smoother...*grumble*

I'm sorry, i've probably railed about this in one of my earlier blog posts...but i can't help it. Sigh...it is frustrating!

Anyways...back to the happier things in life..hahaha...30th Dec was Cloudy's birthday and my sis bought her a cake as usual. This year is a chocolate truffle one with a nemo picture on it! She is 9 this year. =) and like every other year, all the dogs get a slice of it! Red will have the biggest! =P

This year we attempted to take a photo of all 3 dogs and the cake! It was near impossible man...But I'm so proud of Red, even though the cake was located at her eye level, she didn't make a grab for it...but sniffed it ...and each time she did she' d get a loud "RED!!!!" from me...hahaha...and she'd put whatever heavenly thoughts she last had away...hee...

Okies, time to go..it's now 5.15am...I was happily reading on my bed when i spotted my internet light come on, i thought to pop in for a quick post! hee! =)

No comments: