Friday 7 December 2007

Do they know it's christmas time?

(Note to my sister when she reads this--> this should bring back memories! Hee!..u must turn on your computer speakers!)

I heard this when i was only 5 years old and loved the song since. I look forward to the radio playing it during the christmas period. Indeed even though the message is sad, this is one of the songs that has survived over two decades (it was recorded and released in 1984) and remains one of the most played songs during christmas, whether on MTV or radio.

Thanks to youtube, i can enjoy it again. =)

For most of my friends, i do not think you would recognise the singers, but they were the 'biggies' back in the 80's and they look so young here..haha..people like U2 (leas singer Bono) Sting, George Michael, Phil Collins, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Boy George,...i know them all thanks to my sisters who grew up in that era...=)

They re-did it in 2004 (new bunch of singers..) but man..it was bad...the orignal brings the best out of it! =)

You can watch it here.... I picked this version as it carries the reminder of the hungry out there...=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJHE2_GnKnI

No comments: