Sunday 27 June 2010

Threads

I read a few forum threads. For years there have been threads out there that constantly debate and argue about my church's way of doing things, the leadership and it's members. With the recent investigations. I wasn't surprised that a different kind of fuel was added to the furore.

I read how people have 'renamed' and name called my pastor. So lame but sad.

There was even a online video comprising several minutes of our CNY service where pst said that he would like to receive a big ang pow too. Yes, the poster highlighted that my extravagantly rich pst wants more! Aiyo...so out of context. Pst was just trying to relate to his flock and get into the spirit of the season.

Haiz...As i read some of them, I hope they do not come from other christians. Not that I'm saying that everyone should automatically accept another's leadership, style or way of running things. But really, there's no need to up the ante with negative remarks. It does nothign to help the christian community whenever there'a probe, questioning, or shadow that is cast on a church.

Forums have written off that all members of my church, are blind, hopeless, brainless and have lost our senses.

I know I do not fully support the way some other churches do things either. But I would not go all out and write an article or start something that would hurt our community.

Already other churches have started to react, some even to the media too. It brought to light somethings. But at the end of the day, when it whittles down to coffee-shop talk, it is summarised to a few lay man terms: "Seemi christian? only want your money only lah..join wat ang moh religion. become christian must be perfect ah...later my friends all laugh at me."

Wherever you have chosen to attend church, you would be impacted because new salvations would be shaken and those we've always meaning to reach out to would only distance themselves further.

We are a community and hopefully a family (as what God had hoped we will be in His word.)

Would one war so much if they asked themselves a simple question: "Would you still spit and spat, if in all irony, someone/ a friend from a church you detested led your parents to Christ?"

Yes. Something perhaps you prayed for or always had a hard time communicating with your parents on, without ending with a fight or tension?

What do you first think of when your parents come to you and say that they understand finally the love of god and jesus in their lives? Or to see them attend thier first service because they want to be there to know god?

=)

Anyway, I'm not affected by the forums. They can say and debate for years and still no end point. My church will always be in the limelight, and always having to fight and persevere on..it is something I've accepted simply becasue of what we do.

Know of a better way to pray for an entire flock, run a church, be a role model, support good causes, be accountable, take care of your family and answer to God daily, etc -- please stand up.

No comments: