Monday 12 March 2007

CNY Testimonies

=) just have several small testimonies to share. I thought that we always shouldn't leave God out of the smallest stuff...

This CNY was different. It felt different.

For starters, it has been the most tiring CNY build up I've had in the most recent years. Weekday nights were spent packing or going out to buy the necessary for the weekend cleaning or sprucing up tasks, aside from going for cellgroup and bible study. =) Thank God I got my clothes when i was in NZ. It's as though God knew I'd be busy with other things!

The main thing that took my time was solving the soil problem in my garden. My ungrateful animal - Red, has a habit of digging many holes there. Causing puddles and muddy patches all over the floor outside. It also doesn't help that she sleeps in the mud, dirtying the home when she sneaks in! Anyway, spent over $100 on a trial effort that I hope will solve this!

Keeping a dog ain't cheap man! haha...=) But i realise, I love her ennough to spend on her. =)

This CNY there was no pressure to gamble on the eve or first day. So it's significant, coz it is finally accepted that I won't be pressured into it. Hence, others have moved on to either find other 'kakis' or choose another mode of entertainment with me. Helps that majority of my cousins left are saved too, so we try to stick together. Though we're not as close as ideally be, we sense, this commonality that we should stick together to seek other forms of entertainment. This is my guess lah...hahaha...family togetherness doesn't come naturally to me, unfortunately due to environment. =)

Got a chance to get to know some of my distant cousins. Usually we'd be too shy or obsessed with something else to talk during CNY. I learned that one of them is a part-time card magician! Pretty cool. He was demonstrating his tricks and the best part was that he was humble about it. He has got his own website (co-run with friends) so he can be hired for events. http://www.conjurersroundtable.com/

On day two, my grandma on my dad's side came to visit my home. Just on the eve of CNY, I had prayed that i would be able to communicate with her better. She only speaks Cantonese, which somehow I have no problems listening but get tongue tied when i need to speak.

Amazingly, when i was put in a rare situation alone with her and had to give her a small tour on the outside of my home, i managed pretty ok! Just the two of us and she understood me! Praise the Lord! hahaha...i was very amazed and in my heart, I knew it was Him. =) There was a point in time there that i sensed i was talking...But didn't' feel as though the words was spoken by me! hahaha...

Last Thursday night, i finally counted my ang pow $$. =D The past few years the bounty has been much lower. For various reasons. But this year, I prayed that though i knew it would be highly unlikely I'll get anything close to covering a month of building fund, I asked for supply to cover the new mobile phone I'd been eyeing for the past few months.

The final figure -- $273... the phone is presently retailing at $398!

Oh well...not matter what, i still thanked God that this year has been the highest intake at least for the past 5 years! and i would still be able to cover a significant portion of my phone cost! (even after tithing)

So Friday, i made my way to the phone shop. And you know what...after a recommended upgrade of my phone plan, it cost me only $278!!!! WOW!!!!

God is so cool! He provides in the most interesting ways!...LOL! =P It's as though he planned it all as a surprise...hee...so cute! So yeah...me got my new phone..it's an encouragement for me, coz the past month, I'm beginning to really feel the effects of the building fund as it draws to it's final two month closure. Many things have to be put on hold...

But God is good all the time, and all the time, God is good! =D

No comments: