Wednesday 17 January 2007

(Part1) 20 October 2006 -- Transit and Destination!

Tip: if you are travelling on a british Airways flight, you can check-in and choose your plane seat online 24 hours before the flight. That was the announcement made as my flight was taxi-ing. I rolled my eyes. Great! That explains the last row seat. *growl*

While waiting for the rest of the plane to alight, i had time to chat with the BA air stewardess. She was nice and asked if it was the first time I took BA. If she hadn't asked..I wouldn't' have realised it was my first time! haha...anyway, she was really encouraging when i shared with her that this was my solo trip and she said I'd like NZ. She also shared with me that the SIA crew were one of the hardest worked bunch of crew in the industry! The rest time between flights were one of the shorter ones. And she admired their perseverence...Wow..i made a mental note: Wait till Ris hears this! =)

It can get lonely transiting alone, and it doesn't' help that my flight landed at about 6+am Sydney time. I had been a 8 hour flight and Sydney was 3 hours ahead of Singapore. I barely slept on the plane and i was reminded how much slower things were elsewhere when i had to wait to get my ticket for the next flight.

The computer handling the transit flights was down and had to be re-booted takes an amazing 20mins! And there was only one staff handling the situation. Oh, ...i was nice to her. (It paid off coz i got a window seat! hee...) It didn't help that the entire area had no chairs and the floor...well..didnt' look too welcoming. Nonethe less, I was starting to tire and i just wanted to get my ticket and *plonk* my carcass somewhere to rest.

Oh ya, I forgot to add earlier that before take off, some of my cg members so sweet, msg bye-bye to me...hee...Cheryl, Kaishen and Ris...appreciate your Love.
My transit flight was on Jetstar (under Qantas)...FIRST TIME I SIT A BUDGET AIRLINE..haha...can really see the difference. But for short 4 hour trip it's okies...It's those you need to take bus and climb up to the plane...Interesting thing was, I was the FIRST to baord the plane! for a moment it feel like I own it! hahaha...

I quickly took a pic here from my seat so interesting being next to the next plane!:

We had close to a one hour delay to take off. The captain said taht Sydney airport was running on high capacity and had too many flights landing and taking off (meaning--> you have to wait your turn at the air-strip!) It was like being in a plane traffic jam! all on one road...slowly crawling and stopping. To prove how crowded the airport is, check this out!


See the QUEUE of Jetstar planes waiting to turn to the air strip for take off?!?!!? I could only fit half into the photo (my plane has just turned and waiting at the air strip). Behind the plane on the right of the pic had a whole row of other planes!!! Pity the air traffic controllers man...Stress!! hahaha...

No comments: